Thoughts on this?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Merely

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score

This seems very interesting...

Members don't see this ad.

This seems very interesting...
Seems like a scam to make thousands of dollars off each desperate patient while not providing them more than standard care.

Also, why would you name this thread the same as your previous one? It's better to put something of the actual topic in the title so people know what the threads are for.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Seems like a scam to make thousands of dollars off each desperate patient while not providing them more than standard care.

Also, why would you name this thread the same as your previous one? It's better to put something of the actual topic in the title so people know what the threads are for.

You're right doc, sorry about that I'll make my titles more specific moving forward. Thanks for the insight though

I want to know the specifics of the Smart Brain Program and Intensive Brain Rehabilitation. The talk is a lot of fluff and no substance without explaining how you go from brain scan to specific treatment to positive outcome. The dude said they fixed the brains of NFL players by putting them on a Smart Brain Program....um what is that?

You're right doc, sorry about that I'll make my titles more specific moving forward. Thanks for the insight though
I’m usually pretty carefree, but I’d suggest taking another look over the quality of the thread content before moving forward with threads.

My thoughts on this is that some people do a good job scamming desperate and/or gullible people out of money using neuro-sounding pseudoscience. It's nothing new. Amen was simply handed a golden goose opportunity due to misinformation and hysteria surrounding CTE to further bolster his snake oil business.

Reactions: 1 users
The idea of using functional imaging in psychiatric diagnosis - as a general concept - is reasonable enough, but the problem is that the knowledge is too poor and the technology not yet advanced enough to use this kind of stuff in a regular clinical setting. Some criticisms of Amen are posted above but the general tenor you see here seems to be pretty typical of how people feel about him: far overselling the utility of this technology, injecting his own thoughts and opinions in a pretty scientifically sketchy way, and charging people a whole lot of money for the pleasure.

Smart businessman, not so... benevolent would be the word, I guess, physician.