Thoughts on using the "Document Upload" section on secondary applications

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr_Pediatrics

Reaction score
Some Med school secondaries I've received allow us to upload extra documents. I was thinking of uploading things I wanted to say that didn't fit in the word count, as well as demonstrations/links to some of my volunteer work in communities. What are people's thoughts on this? Will AdComs even look at this stuff?

Members don't see this ad.

No. It is not meant to be a space to surpass the AMCAS and secondary character limits. This section is typically for update letters or letters of intent.

Reactions: 2 users
Some Med school secondaries I've received allow us to upload extra documents. I was thinking of uploading things I wanted to say that didn't fit in the word count, as well as demonstrations/links to some of my volunteer work in communities. What are people's thoughts on this? Will AdComs even look at this stuff?
I would only do this if your intent is to piss the adcom off by offering extra stuff they haven't asked for. If they wanted it, they asked for it in the secondary. If they didn't ask for it, they don't want it.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Well, after reading responses, I guess I know I won't be doing it! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Reactions: 1 user