Thoughts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZPederson11

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
19AA and a 3.0 GPA. Retake or should I just go with it?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Apply if you have the money. Everyone here is an expert as if they are on the admissions committees. You never know what might happen. If you don't get in, then you know what you need to improve on to be more competitive. Best of luck to you this cycle if you so happen to decide to apply!

Average DAT, below average GPA, and nothing else to chance you with so I'm gonna go ahead and say it:

We thank you for your interest in our Dental School here at SDN. At this time, after a quick glance and an exclamation of "Meh.", SDN Dental School has decided to reject you and cash in your supplemental application fee. If you plan on applying next cycle, SDN Dental School looks forward to taking your money again.

Warmest regards,
SDN

Everyone here is an expert as if they are on the admissions committees.
Damn right we are.

Reactions: 2 users
19AA and a 3.0 GPA. Retake or should I just go with it?

Lololol. People are trolling on your post and adding sarcastic comments and immature jabs at others, instead of sticking specifically to answering the question that you had. I apologize for the negativity perpetuated by some SDN members who seek only to tear others down. ZPederson11, if you have strong EC's clinical experience, great letters, and a strong trend upwards, I don't see why you couldn't get at least one interview. If you've done research and apply broadly and have the money, you definitely have a shot. It'll be a stretch, but I have faith in you bud. Good luck in your future endeavors to become a doctor of dental medicine.

Reactions: 1 user
Lololol. People are trolling on your post and adding sarcastic comments and immature jabs at others, instead of sticking specifically to answering the question that you had. I apologize for the negativity perpetuated by some SDN members who seek only to tear others down. ZPederson11, if you have strong EC's clinical experience, great letters, and a strong trend upwards, I don't see why you couldn't get at least one interview. If you've done research and apply broadly and have the money, you definitely have a shot. It'll be a stretch, but I have faith in you bud. Good luck in your future endeavors to become a doctor of dental medicine.
But if all he has is that 19 DAT and 3.0 GPA with no EC or shadowing then SDN Dental School will never give him an interview.

^Point proven. Coming at me and my comments while adding to the negative contrary, instead of helping you when you asked for authentic help. ZPederson 11, I've given you my thoughts and helpful insight. I sincerely hope it helps. Best of luck!

Unfortunately, a 3.0 GPA and 19 AA translates to essentially no chance of an interview, let alone an acceptance. Financially, it would be better to bolster the GPA before attempting to apply, especially this late in the cycle.

Reactions: 1 user
^Point proven. Coming at me and my comments while adding to the negative contrary, instead of helping you when you asked for authentic help. ZPederson 11, I've given you my thoughts and helpful insight. I sincerely hope it helps. Best of luck!
But OP should know better than to just post a GPA and DAT scores with the intent of getting chanced. OP has been on this forum since last year and by now should know how a "Chance me" situation works. I.e., ECs, shadowing experience, volunteer service, etc + GPA and DAT. Just posting 2 numbers with no background is just asking for silly answers.
Unfortunately, a 3.0 GPA and 19 AA translates to essentially no chance of an interview, let alone an acceptance. Financially, it would be better to bolster the GPA before attempting to apply, especially this late in the cycle.
If only there was more to his application like EC or volunteering that would make him a great candidate for SDN.

Try reading the Allopathic medicine forums. At least none of us intentionally give out bad information to stoop our competition.

Try reading the Allopathic medicine forums. At least none of us intentionally give out bad information to stoop our competition.
Do they really give out false info just to screw other people over?

No. There's no false information on any forums on SDN at all. You should listen explicitly to everything that is posted online. Dental school applications are now no longer being accepted. AADSAS has closed for the 2014 cycle.

No. There's no false information on any forums on SDN at all. You should listen explicitly to everything that is posted online. Dental school applications are now no longer being accepted. AADSAS has closed for the 2014 cycle.
My kind of forum!