Three Interviews Within a Week?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

boundlesscorpuscle

MD Class of 2023!
Reaction score
Hi all,

So I've been very fortunate to receive many invitations to interview this cycle, which is exciting! However, scheduling them has been a chore.

I currently have two interviews coming up, both in the northeast, both scheduled in the same week- one on Tuesday, one on Thursday. Because I booked flights and accommodations for the Thursday interview before I received the invite from the school scheduled Tuesday, I will be flying back to Florida after my first interview and then flying back out on Wednesday for my second.

However, now I have another school in the Midwest that has offered me an interview on the following Tuesday. I am considering taking it, as their other interview dates are much later, in January and February. However, I was wondering if you think it is reasonable to do this third interview, or if I will be out of steam by then. I'm afraid that with this busy travel schedule I might be a bit run down and not perform as well at the interview.

I appreciate any advice you can give me! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I just did three interviews in less than a week, except mine only involved flying once. I flew to the east coast for a Thursday interview, back home to west coast for a Saturday interview, then finished up yesterday (Tuesday) with another one. It was tiring, but doable. The concern with your schedule is all of the flying back and forth. But you do have a few days between Thursday and Tuesday to catch up on some sleep and hopefully rejuvenate. I think it's doable. Just know you will be exhausted when all is said and done.

I stuck to two per week because the scheduling was a lot. I am married with a baby and FT job and 15 credits. I feel like three interviews would have been a lot but you will be fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
Might I suggest not flying back to Florida in between the Tuesday-Thursday interviews. Yes, you'd be eating the cost of a flight, but it might be worth it to keep yourself energized for the Thursday interview.

Reactions: 2 users
Thank you all so much for the advice! I ended up deciding to go for it and emailed to schedule, but it turns out the interview slot had been filled already, so I will be interviewing in January. I think it worked out for the best. However, now I know that if I end up needing to schedule any more interviews that a tight turnaround is definitely doable! Thanks again.

Thank you all so much for the advice! I ended up deciding to go for it and emailed to schedule, but it turns out the interview slot had been filled already, so I will be interviewing in January. I think it worked out for the best. However, now I know that if I end up needing to schedule any more interviews that a tight turnaround is definitely doable! Thanks again.
You might reconsider flying back and forth to Florida in the same week as you double the chances of missing interviews for flight cancellations, snow, delays or whatever. Can you pay a fee and link the trips together in some way without flying back to Florida in between?

You might reconsider flying back and forth to Florida in the same week as you double the chances of missing interviews for flight cancellations, snow, delays or whatever. Can you pay a fee and link the trips together in some way without flying back to Florida in between?

I will look into it, but unfortunately because the flights are booked through different airlines I think I might have some trouble linking them without simply cancelling my first return flight and scheduling a new connecting flight. Otherwise, I guess I'm just crossing my fingers that everything works out smoothly. :(

As drake said, back to back. I’ve done 3 interviews in a week with tons of traveling you’ll be fine