Time limited/renewed vs. Lifetime Path credentials

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LADoc00

Gen X, the last great generation
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have to eat a bit of crow on this but I just discovered that those who have time limited certs are now getting a bonus in California over the people like myself who have lifetime certs, even if both pathologists havent had a renewal period expire(this is key, I would imagine lifetimer cert people could opt for renewal in 10 years and get the bonus). The difference is 10,000/yr, considerable and applies to state jobs (as in not private prac).

Members don't see this ad.

I have to eat a bit of crow on this but I just discovered that those who have time limited certs are now getting a bonus in California over the people like myself who have lifetime certs, even if both pathologists havent had a renewal period expire(this is key, I would imagine lifetimer cert people could opt for renewal in 10 years and get the bonus). The difference is 10,000/yr, considerable and applies to state jobs (as in not private prac).

Id still rather have the lifetime cert. Oh well.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do some searches, this bodes ill for people in public service jobs and now getting less than new hires because of a cred difference they cant control. Of course wont affect me.
this is a cut and paste from the prison system:

SALARY RANGE: As November 30, 2007: $231,156.00 per year (Non-Board Certified) $243,996.00 per year (Lifetime Board Certified) $256,860.00 per year (Time Limited Board Certified)

Do some searches, this bodes ill for people in public service jobs and now getting less than new hires because of a cred difference they cant control. Of course wont affect me.
this is a cut and paste from the prison system:

SALARY RANGE: As November 30, 2007: $231,156.00 per year (Non-Board Certified) $243,996.00 per year (Lifetime Board Certified) $256,860.00 per year (Time Limited Board Certified)

Well it is possible to voluntarily recert and thus have a time limited certificate. (which wouldn't actually replace your lifetime certificate)

This happened with medicine and other fields, pressure from insurance companies forced lifetimers to recert or pay higher insurance rates...