1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

time reminders on the real MCAT

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by smtse4, Jan 2, 2009.

1. smtse4

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    So I recently took my first AAMC practice test and I noticed that AAMC gives you time reminders when there is 45 minutes left and 5 minutes left in that section. I was wondering if these time reminders still appear on the real MCAT. Also, I noticed that the time on the clock does not resume counting down until you press "OK." Is this also true of the real MCAT?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. futuredoctor10

Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Nope I am pretty sure there were no time reminders at any times. But I don't remember 100% so wait for others to cerify.

If there was a time window /pop-up, it definitely would have resumed counting down even if you did not press "OK". Now I am thinking this is how it was on the real deal, maybe one pop up at around 30 mins or 5 mins [forget which!] and then time began counting down... not sure.

#2 futuredoctor10, Jan 2, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2009
  4. Tekbright510

7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I remember there were time reminders. I believe, however, there was only one when there were 5 minutes left, not at 45 mins left. Unlike the ones on the practice exams where the time stays still if you don't click on the reminder, the time keeps going on the real deal.