UofT_475

10+ Year Member
May 30, 2006
Status
Hey,

I just started the aadsas application. The canadian dat is written in november, which might be too late. Should I write the US DAT now and apply as soon as possible?

Thanks,

diane07

10+ Year Member
Jan 9, 2007
Status
Pre-Dental
See if the schools you plan to apply to accept the Canadian DAT. There's a few US dental schools that only accept the US DAT, but find out first so you don't have to take both.

Wouldn't staying in Canada be a lot cheaper? Unless you think applying to US schools is less competitive.

UofT_475

10+ Year Member
May 30, 2006
Status
thanks diane

any feedback on timelines, ie. am i too late to apply, or if not, then when should i have my application in by?

thx

About the Ads

diane07

10+ Year Member
Jan 9, 2007
Status
Pre-Dental
Maybe others can give you good feedback. I don't really know what the odds are.

SMCohen

10+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
UofT, you should try to submit your application as soon as possible. American schools have rolling admissions, meaning the sooner you apply, the better your chances. Even though you can't write the DAT until November, you should still submit your application as soon as you can. There have been reported instances (on SDN) of interview invitations even though DAT scores had yet to be submitted.

If you intend on applying only to American schools, then you could write the American DAT; however, if you intend on applying to Canadian schools, you should probably wait to write the Canadian DAT - Canadian schools won't accept the American DAT. As for diane's comment about schools not accepting the Canadian DAT, those schools also don't accept Canadians (or any non-US citizens).

Hope that helps.

UofT_475

10+ Year Member
May 30, 2006
Status
Thanks COhen,

I'm probably going to write both DAT's.

Do you know of where I can get a table which lists the applications deadlines for schools?

Thanks

SMCohen

10+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
The ADEA/AADSAS website might have a list of application deadlines. That's probably the best place to look.

I've never heard of anyone writing both DATs, but you may want to consider the time it will take you to study for the DAT, if you haven't yet begun. If it takes you 6 weeks to study, let's say, then you might as well wait the extra 2 weeks and just write the Canadian DAT instead of both.

Anyway, good luck to you.

About the Ads