Timeline for University of Michigan’s School of Dentistry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OU2010

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well this is my first time posting a thread on SDN, I have been an avid reader on this site and it has been a huge help, so I want to first thank everyone who has contributed some of their knowledge.

I am currently finishing up my B.S. in biological sciences and hope to attend University of Michigan's School of Dentistry starting 2010.

I'm going send in my application early June 2009 when the application opens, but I'm not going to take my DAT until late August 2009 (I’m going to use the entire summer to study). Does anyone who has been accepted to University of Michigan for 2009 cycle have any idea if my DAT will be too late to be considered for matriculation?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Not sure, but I took mine in mid-July (interviewed in November, and accepted Dec 1.)

I'm going send in my application early June 2009 when the application opens, but I'm not going to take my DAT until late August 2009 (I'm going to use the entire summer to study).

As you know well, the earlier, the better...
But I think late August is kinda late... not too late though...
Coz it will take another 3~4weeks for ADEA to send your DAT score to the schools you apply to, by the time U of Michgan gets your score it would be end of September & they are gonna ask you to send secondary essay which will take another couple weeks, then your application would be completed... Finally they will review your application but it's already mid to end october...
So I recommend to get everything done by late july or early august...
I took DAT on 2nd of August & it was only late for CASE & NOVA...
It was little late for Michigan as well coz I interviewed in Jan...

I understand you want to study more but from may to july, 3month of preparation is plenty to get good enough score...
I would do... apply a month early w/ 19 on DAT rather apply a month later w/ 20... Some people might have different opinion but I think timing is more important...
Good luck...

Thanks for the advice,

After some consideration I think I'm going to move my DAT test to the last week of July most likely July 30 or 31. Dentist 707 if you don't mind me asking. What was your GPA and DAT score? Also how long did you study for the DAT?