Timeline with taking Step 1 after clerkships

Started by tide2992
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

tide2992

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So my school is an 18 month curriculum followed with 1 year of clerkships and then dedicated in the spring of our 3rd year. I want to do well on Step 1 even if its pass/fail because it'll help for Step 2 scores and I'm going for something competitive. I'm just curious how I should organize my time during clerkships and dedicated to best prepare. Currently I'm a second year and I've primarily used Anki, FA, Pathoma, BB for my own preclinical exams.

As of now I would like to purchase a step 1 question bank (I was thinking amboss but open to suggestions) and complete that during my clerkships in addition to a step 2 question bank to study for my shelve exams (any good ones?). I would also like to do 1 full pass through of sketchy pharm and micro during clerkships. During dedicated I plan to use UWorld for step 1 and step 2. Please let me know if this plan would be feasible or any recommendations/suggestions? Also any Anki decks I should use?