Timeline with taking Step 1 after clerkships

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tide2992

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So my school is an 18 month curriculum followed with 1 year of clerkships and then dedicated in the spring of our 3rd year. I want to do well on Step 1 even if its pass/fail because it'll help for Step 2 scores and I'm going for something competitive. I'm just curious how I should organize my time during clerkships and dedicated to best prepare. Currently I'm a second year and I've primarily used Anki, FA, Pathoma, BB for my own preclinical exams.

As of now I would like to purchase a step 1 question bank (I was thinking amboss but open to suggestions) and complete that during my clerkships in addition to a step 2 question bank to study for my shelve exams (any good ones?). I would also like to do 1 full pass through of sketchy pharm and micro during clerkships. During dedicated I plan to use UWorld for step 1 and step 2. Please let me know if this plan would be feasible or any recommendations/suggestions? Also any Anki decks I should use?

Members don't see this ad.