Timeline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WannabeOrtho

Surgery Go'er
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a link to, or will paste a timeline on how things should ideally work out. From the time you complete Pre-Med classes, on.

Thanks in advance,
Justin

Members don't see this ad.

This info will be presented to you in college by your pre-med advisor or the pre-health committee. But basically, this is how it goes for a lot of pre-meds out there:

Freshman year: Intro Bio for majors, Intro Chem for majors, Calculus
Sophomore year: O-chem I & II, Genetics, Cell/Molec Biology
Junior year: Biochem I & II, Physics I & II, Take MCAT, apply in Spring
Senior year: science electives, go on interviews, recieve acceptances

Humanities/English courses are interspersed as you and your academic advisor see fit, but this is not any problem if you attend a liberal arts college.

This timetable represents a traditional pathway so that you would work seamlessly from undergrad to med school. A lot of people take time off and space things out, which is totally fine (that's what I'm doing).

Just for future reference, try using the search function first or trying a search of the internet. Most colleges have this sort of thing available online through their pre-health committee.

You really need to talk to your schools premed advisor. Its very rare for schools not to have one. Each school has different procedures. They will also answer your questions better then on this website.

When you all say "shelf exams" what exactly do you mean by this?