Timer of CBT MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shkaun

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For people who have taken the CBT, Is there a timer of the screen for the CBT MCAT? Does anyone know if we are given paper or a dry erase board?

Members don't see this ad.

For people who have taken the CBT, Is there a timer of the screen for the CBT MCAT? Does anyone know if we are given paper or a dry erase board?

Check with your center about paper or dry-erase boards, it depends on the center. I *think* they're giving paper for the MCAT in general. But you're better off asking them than getting a surprise day of the test. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
does the timer ever go away? (can you hide it from the screen)
i can't imagine how stressed I would be if the timer was there from start to finish.

does the timer ever go away? (can you hide it from the screen)
i can't imagine how stressed I would be if the timer was there from start to finish.

Timer was in the lower left-hand corner. It was pretty easy to ignore, but very easy to find if you wanted to know how much time you had left. I liked it.

Was there an option to choose between a countdown timer and a stopwatch on the CBT timer? I'd prefer it to be in stopwatch mode.

No option in Oregon, just countdown. I thought it would be bothersome to have it on screen as well, but (maybe because of practice) I really didn't find myself using it excessively.