Timing for Scholarship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dent0Paste

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When is too late to talk to Air Force about the scholarship for the next academic year? Also, are recruiters reliable sources of information? I've heard no for the most part.

Members don't see this ad.

When is too late to talk to Air Force about the scholarship for the next academic year? Also, are recruiters reliable sources of information? I've heard no for the most part.

Recruiters come in 2 flavors - those that have no dental background and those that do.

Those that have worked in dentistry will know a little more than those that don't - ask them if they have ever been a dental assistant. However, I would always ask the recruiter to get you in touch with a dentist that is currently in so you can talk to him/her.

And why is it these posts always want "only Air Force":) Army could take you right now. I had a guy call me this week that has been in private practice for 8 years. He had been deciding between Army and Air Force - and the Air Force told him they didn't have any openings for him. If you wait all the way until next year, and don't get picked up by the Air Force - do you have an alternate plan?

Yes I realize that Air Force gets to wear blue and blue looks cool - but the Army formal uniforms are blue too:oops: In fact they are two different colors of blue so that's twice as cool. Plus you will have your digitalized ACU's (new term for the camoflage uniform) that you were every day. If you jump behind a bush or a tree - no one can see you. That alone should make the Army attractive. The Air Force wears these gray/green looking leather boots - kind of weird.

Just remember you can be "Army Strong" which sounds really cool - or you can go "into the wild blue yonder" whatever/wherever that is;)