Timing of Applications...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TicAL

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that it's best to submit AMCAS early, but how late can one possibly stall before submitting the application before it would start being relatively late in the cycle?

The reason I mention this is because my GPA isn't exactly stellar, and in order to include Spring Quarter grades I'd have to wait until June 27th. Would this be too late?

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted my AMCAS by July 15th and that's still pretty early. So you'll be ok :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted in August and I got interviews everywhere I applied.

So, in short, no.

TicAL said:
I know that it's best to submit AMCAS early, but how late can one possibly stall before submitting the application before it would start being relatively late in the cycle?

The reason I mention this is because my GPA isn't exactly stellar, and in order to include Spring Quarter grades I'd have to wait until June 27th. Would this be too late?

actually, since you're on the quarter system, rather than semester, the spring grades should come out in mid-June. So, really, it won't put you that far behind if you wait. The real delay will be in terms of how long the registrar at your school takes to update your transcripts. But even then, by having your app submitted June 15 (when you know your grades) and processed/verified by mid July (worst case), thats still very early in the game. Very early. Just make sure you take the April test.

Another important point to note is that finishing your secondaries asap (quality matters) is much more important that turning it in June. I finished my primaries in July, but my last secondary in December :eek: ! Luckily, I got an interview in Feb for that last application, but I would strongly advice against doing this.

The earlier you're done, the more time you'll get to enjoy :D

Awesome, thanks guys. Even though we're on the quarter system, the earliest we'll possibly get to see our grades will be on the 27th of June (have finals during mid-June).

And yeah trust me, with my GPA, I'll be shoving my secondaries down the Adcom's throats ;)