Timing of Osama's Demise

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Manicsleep

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have gotten very little work done today because of the fantastic news we have all heard (unless you live in a cave) yesterday. I have also been thinking about the timing of the attack against bin Laden as this kind of thing fascinates me.

Some things I find interesting.

The news is on a Sunday so it runs the whole next week.
The date is 5/1/11...relatively close to 9/11/1
The release of the Birth Certificate
Tearing Donald a new one
The changing of the color system of alerts to a new system
Its getting close to the time when people decide if they run for president in 2012.

There are a lot of people saying that the election in 2012 will not be about the Obama killed Osama issue but I am not sure. I think Obama will scare off a lot of people right now. It's sort of like getting pocket rockets in texas hold em. You thin your opposition by going hard early but then you still have a strong hand at the flop/turn and river.

So any other psychological aspects to the timing?

BTW, please no hating (on liberals or conservatives...OBL can suck it).

Members don't see this ad.

I saw something about Voldemort's death online being around this time. Not that big a potter fan so maybe someone else can confirm? That would be awesome.

Members don't see this ad :)
Word has it that OBL has been dead for awhile, though I haven't heard that from a credible source yet. It's common that the timeline on these things is purposely distorted to protect people, so I don't think it is that far of a stretch. Obama will definitely use this to be "tough on terrorism" for 2012. Blah.

The alert system has been changed for years by the way. Nothing new.

Also the two dates you listed really have nothing in common aside from some similar numerals in different positions.

I have also been thinking about the timing of the attack against bin Laden as this kind of thing fascinates me.

Some things I find interesting.

To play devils advocate a few reasons why it's not an engineered event.

• If Bush knew where OBL was he would have gone after him.
  • Obama would not have kept this in his back pocket for two reasons
  • If it leaked out the administration knew and did nothing that would be really damaging
  • The operation had no guarantee of success so it could just have easily made him look bad as well as good.
3. The tried and tested route to the electorates heart is by influencing the fed to play with interest rates or alter the money supply or just give out tax breaks and this is much simpler. The bonus is the everyone knows they are being bribed but don't seem to care.

It's sort of like getting pocket rockets in texas hold em. You thin your opposition by going hard early but then you still have a strong hand at the flop/turn and river.

If you can't fold bullets when you know your beat you will never win in the long run.

But back to the psychology of the thing the whole history of it is facinating, everthing from the loss of fortress America to the new found friendliness of New York residents.

Edit:Q33NY in Times New Roman converted to Wingdings, now thats a real shocker....
Q33NY

Q33NY

The alert system has been changed for years by the way. Nothing new.

What are you talking about? Are you aware of the new 2 level system?
http://content.usatoday.com/communi...em-takes-effect-today-replacing-color-codes/1

Also the two dates you listed really have nothing in common aside from some similar numerals in different positions.

3 out of the 4 numbers are the same and in the same order. They are very similar. Not to mention the similarity of 911 vs Mayday.
Doesn't it give you some satisfaction that bin Laden or his cronies, hiding behind a woman, were possibly (just possibly, we can all fantasize) running around yelling "MAYDAY! MAYDAY!" at the top of his lungs before he got a bullet in his head.

Last edited:
To play devils advocate a few reasons why it’s not an engineered event.

• If Bush knew where OBL was he would have gone after him.
  • Obama would not have kept this in his back pocket for two reasons
  • If it leaked out the administration knew and did nothing that would be really damaging
  • The operation had no guarantee of success so it could just have easily made him look bad as well as good.
I am not saying that President Bush had been sitting on this or even that President Obama had been sitting on this for any extended period of time. However, if you have some latitude to pick and choose your time, this is brilliant timing.

3. The tried and tested route to the electorates heart is by influencing the fed to play with interest rates or alter the money supply or just give out tax breaks and this is much simpler. The bonus is the everyone knows they are being bribed but don’t seem to care.

Unfortunately there is no tried and tested route. You just have to give yourself the best chance you can with the cards you are dealt.

[/LIST]However, if you have some latitude to pick and choose your time, this is brilliant timing. .

It sure helps if the helicopters don't crash into each other as well....poor old Jimmy Carter....

Unfortunately there is no tried and tested route. You just have to give yourself the best chance you can with the cards you are dealt.

Luckily as you i'm sure you already know....any two cards can win...

Edit: perhaps in the US leaning on the FED really does not happen, in the UK the Bank of England has always been amenable to pre-election monkey business.....

Hmm maybe there has been talk of this new alert system for a long time? Seems like I heard this quite awhile ago and did not know it was just unveiled. wierd!

These alerts are the dumbest thing going as far as the general public is concerned. Force Protection Level Bravo might mean taking some sort of reasonable action if you have a military role. For the man in the street? What the hell are you supposed to do with that nugget of info?

They just scare and worry people who are easily scared and worried for no good reason. I’ve lived in several cities where bombings were just a fact of life. People should just get on with their lives and ignore this sort of rubbish.

The day that Hitler's death was announced to the world.
Mission accomplished day 2003...when bush said the war was over.

Undertones...

I'm not saying I buy any of this, but those are interesting. It's funny because I was just telling my SO that this might have some similarities to hearing that Hitler was dead for our generation before I read your post above.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I am not a conspiracy theorist but I do believe in the joy of pure conspiracy speculation. I just like having fun with it because I think its hilarious and sometimes very interesting.

The mayday/911 cannot be a coincidence though. I am sure they chose May 1st rather than april 29th or some other random date because Mayday means something.

Also, I like to think of it as CME. :D One step ahead of the patients!

I agree that the timing was probably planned. I do not think the raid was delayed for months. I think that the location Bin Laden was discovered about 2-6 weeks ago. This gave the Obama whitehouse time to release the birth certificate, then plan to have the raid on a Sunday so the news could run with it for the next week.

The other similarities you mention, the date, Don Trump, and the reelection are probably minor points that happened to line up conveniently. I do think it will be good for his reelection. The only probem is see is that if the the "war" is over because we got Bin Laden, what do we need the current president for. Let's get us a republican to turn this economy around.

The other similarities you mention, the date, Don Trump, and the reelection are probably minor points that happened to line up conveniently. I do think it will be good for his reelection. The only probem is see is that if the the "war" is over because we got Bin Laden, what do we need the current president for. Let's get us a republican to turn this economy around.

I was just recalling that at the end of February of 1991, George HW Bush had liberated Kuwait and humiliated the Iraqi armed forces. However, by November 1992, he failed to be reelected, mostly because of economic concerns. "It's the economy, stupid" still applies. The question for 2012 will be whether the electorate is blaming Obama or the Republican Congress for their discontent at that time.

As for the date, I read somewhere it was supposed to happen the day before, but weather was bad. Additionally the date was initially decided due to timing of the moon so that it would be darker.

I think people focus too much on "read my lips" and "its the economy stupid" although they are both salient, especially the effect of raising taxes. There is considerable underestimation/lack of knowledge of the effects of Buchanan and Perot on that election. No such parallel here.

BTW, there is no way Voldemort is just happenstance. This is all illuminati at work.

Oh, let the conspiracy theorists go wild now!

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/05/04/bin.laden.main/index.html?hpt=T1&iref=BN1

From a child mental health perspective, I'm really glad these pictures are not being released. No matter what parents do, kids would eventually see these. I don't think that is something they need to be exposed to.

Manicsleep - That is a great avatar...But it's recking havoc on my sub-clinical ADHD symptoms.

Obviously, Osama wanted us to help him fake his death so he could live in the Area 51 Nursing Home with Elvis and Brain-dead JFK. :rolleyes:

We aren't going to convince these people. Show them a picture, they'll claim it was photoshopped... Show them DNA evidence, they'll claim it was faked... Video of the autopsy? "Hollywood can do anything these days".

I just admitted him, he is shorter, fatter and white with no facial hair.

Everyone thinks its psychosis...I know the truth. Unfortunately I can't let you know more becuase I am going to write a book and be rich.

I know sarcasm/tongue in cheek comments can be taken literally on the web so I just want to be clear.

The A-hole is dead. I cannot beleive the whining on TV. Especially by certain agencies I previously considered relatively rational. The hatred for Obama is making people blind to what a momentous occasion this really is for this country. There is no conspiracy!

Unless of course, there is...:D

PS...the avatar is too much for me too but its warranted for another couple of days I think. Then its back to blank spaces.

I just admitted him, he is shorter, fatter and white with no facial hair.

Everyone thinks its psychosis...I know the truth. Unfortunately I can't let you know more becuase I am going to write a book and be rich.

Are you talking about Voldemort or bin Laden?

Playstation got hacked a couple weeks ago and tons of personal information was stolen. You think Osama used his real address?

OMG that is the best point made on this thread yet. :)

I am sure they chose May 1st rather than april 29th or some other random date because Mayday means something.

I bet they aimed for April 1st and then thought better of it.

Found elsewhere:

"They threw the body of a major villain into the sea not one month after a major nuclear accident led to tons of radioactive waste being dumped into the ocean. I mean, have the comic books taught us NOTHING!?"

Osama Fin Laden

Was on either Stewart or Colbert (probably colbert).