Quantcast

Timing of Secondaries BEFORE verification...

Join BeMo Premed MasterMind Club®
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheOneAndOnlyJamesFranco

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I understand that generally you want to get a secondary in within 2 weeks of receiving, but I submitted June 20th and probably will not be verified until late July but have already received 4 seconadaries...

I am currently traveling and did not expect to get secondaries so soon, so my question is, is it reasonable for me to just submit then when I am verified? Because ultimately they review entire, complete applications (verified primary + completed secondary) in order of verified primary right?

It would be of no benefit (besides the whole, wow he was done with it in 2 days!) if I submit a secondary early before being verified right?

Thanks!

drpastry

Reaction score
I'm also interested in the answer to this question, but I can add that, supposing AMCAS continues verifying at the same rate that they have for the past week, applications submitted 6/20 will see verification around 7/13.

Ismet

Moderator Emeritus
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
you're fine. the 2 weeks is a guideline, not a rule. if you take 3 weeks, nothing bad will happen.