1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Timing Sending LOR

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Entirecropslost, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Entirecropslost

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    It's kinda a drive up to my school to give them envelopes to mail my LOR's, and at least the first time I don't want to mail the envelopes b/c I need to explain exactly what to mail to each school. My question is how bad would it be to just send my letters to all the schools to save me the trips and make it easier? Cause I mean every school is a little diff. but all take the committee letter. Thx!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. CavalierMD

CavalierMD Secondary Stalker 4-Lyf!
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I would look into Interfolio... you'd only have to make the drive once, have all your writers mail their letters into Interfolio where they will be placed in an online portfolio for you... and from there, you have complete control. You can send whichever letters you want whenever you want... mix them up for different schools... even change the order in which the letters appear. A lot of schools even take electronic deliveries from Interfolio, which makes getting to "file complete" status that much quicker. I have another post somewhere that has a lot of details about Interfolio if you're interested.

But, if you don't want to go with that... I don't see a problem in doing a mass mailing... at least to the non-screeners. I've been sending my letters as soon as I get the secondaries and sometimes the rest of my file doesn't get there until a week later... and so far no one's thrown out my letters! So you could do two trips... one for the non-screeners... and then rack up all your screener invites and send those out in one trip too.

Good Luck!!

4. Haemulon

Haemulon Slippery When Wet
    Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I ran into this problem too. I am planning on doing two batches because of my recommenders going on vacation at different times and such. Just had the first half sent out, but also included one screener that I haven't gotten the secondary invite yet just to make sure my letters were there and I didn't miss any deadlines.