Feb 25, 2017
To those in private practice:

What do you do when a patient wants you to certify their tinted window exemption?

I know this is state dependent: some have lax requirements ("due to a medical condition") while others have very stringent, specific conditions that must be met (e.g. xeroderma pigmentosa, etc)

The patients usually have the same story: "I was pulled over the police and they gave me a summons for my tinted windows. I need YOU to justify that I need the tints. " (9 out of 10 times, they claim they have light sensitivity when driving and need it: obviously, there are polarized sunglasses which can be used. I haven't justified anyone cause the state in which I practice has stringent requirements for the tinted window exemption.

I am curious how those in private practice address this.

hello lady!

5+ Year Member
Dec 6, 2015
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
We tell our patients that our practice's policy is to not fill those out. Period.

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.