Tinted Window Medical Exemption?

Started by Phacolens
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Phacolens

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
To those in private practice:

What do you do when a patient wants you to certify their tinted window exemption?

I know this is state dependent: some have lax requirements ("due to a medical condition") while others have very stringent, specific conditions that must be met (e.g. xeroderma pigmentosa, etc)

The patients usually have the same story: "I was pulled over the police and they gave me a summons for my tinted windows. I need YOU to justify that I need the tints. " (9 out of 10 times, they claim they have light sensitivity when driving and need it: obviously, there are polarized sunglasses which can be used. I haven't justified anyone cause the state in which I practice has stringent requirements for the tinted window exemption.

I am curious how those in private practice address this.