Tipping ths scale with greate LORs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ocwaveoc

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all.
I haven't taken the MCAT yet (Aug of this year) and my GPA is a bit on the lower side (Cumm 3.42, BCPM 3.81). However, I will have 3 very strong LOR's from my science professors and one very strong one from an MD I've worked with on a professional level (I'm a physical therapist).
Have you heard of cases where interviews were granted on someone with low GPA as mine due to strong LORs and personal statement for schools that usually have higher standards of stats?
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all.
I haven't taken the MCAT yet (Aug of this year) and my GPA is a bit on the lower side (Cumm 3.42, BCPM 3.81). However, I will have 3 very strong LOR's from my science professors and one very strong one from an MD I've worked with on a professional level (I'm a physical therapist).
Have you heard of cases where interviews were granted on someone with low GPA as mine due to strong LORs and personal statement for schools that usually have higher standards of stats?
Thanks.

I think you won't have to worry about tipping the scale if you do well on the MCAT with above a 30. However, since you say you are going to take the August MCAT I'm not sure why you are putting yourself at a disadvantage to begin with. Take the test in April, May, or June.

Hmm...I can't change the date for the MCAT.....I have to take it in Aug..shucks. Anyway, thanks for your inputs.

It's all a package. And good recs can be as important as gpa, mcat, extra currics, personal statement, etc. Do well on your MCAT and you'll be fine. A letter from an MD you have worked professionally with should be very helpful.