Tips for doing Section Bank questions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CaptainAmazon

Reaction score
I am one month into my four month study schedule and my upcoming week has my first round of AAMC Section Bank practice incorporated. On my schedule, it says "Complete first half of (B/B, C/P, P/S) Section Bank" on one day and then "Review" that half the following day or two days later.

So how should I go about doing the questions? Should I time myself, and if so, to what limit? Is there anything else I need to know about or before doing this?

Members don't see this ad.

I am one month into my four month study schedule and my upcoming week has my first round of AAMC Section Bank practice incorporated. On my schedule, it says "Complete first half of (B/B, C/P, P/S) Section Bank" on one day and then "Review" that half the following day or two days later.

So how should I go about doing the questions? Should I time myself, and if so, to what limit? Is there anything else I need to know about or before doing this?

Are you planning on redoing the section bank later or will this be your only pass? What are you hoping to get out of the section bank at this point in your preparation? What have you already done with regards to studying so far?

Are you planning on redoing the section bank later or will this be your only pass? What are you hoping to get out of the section bank at this point in your preparation? What have you already done with regard to studying so far?

At the moment, I'm just going off of my StudySchedule planner online which was tailored based on the resources I was using. I've got the Kaplan Books and I'm five-eight chapters through each of them. I think my main goal is to get an idea for the question styles because I've read stories about people wishing they had done those questions earlier so they could modify their study style.

I am open to redoing the section banks later if that is what is normally suggested.

At the moment, I'm just going off of my StudySchedule planner online which was tailored based on the resources I was using. I've got the Kaplan Books and I'm five-eight chapters through each of them. I think my main goal is to get an idea for the question styles because I've read stories about people wishing they had done those questions earlier so they could modify their study style.

I am open to redoing the section banks later if that is what is normally suggested.

Great! In that case I would do the section bank untimed. I would work passage by passage and review answers for questions at the end of each passage. When you redo them later, make sure you do them timed.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I think some of the passages are very difficult, so you should do them untimed. In my case, I remember C/P and B/B being harder than the FL’s, while P/S felt good. For reference (n=1), I correctly answered 80%-85% of the questions for C/P and B/B, which gave me 131 and 130 on the actual test, respectively. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user