Tips for interview with LMU-DCOM since server is down?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CarbonKnit

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,
I have to leave for an interview with LMU-DCOM tomorrow morning and I heard that the interview feedback info won't be running until monday. Can anyone give me any tips? Specifically some questions I should prepare for. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I think it's most important to just know why you want to be a doctor and why DO. I read over my primary and secondary essays so I could refresh my memory about what exactly I included or not. Be able to give reasons for any low grades and/or MCAT score.

1) why D.O.?
2) why DCOM?
3) tell me about stem cells...
4) what are your extracurriculars?
5) why do you think in this class....
6) what one word makes the world go round? (they didn't ask me this, but it was posted last year by several people!)
7) what are your strengths/weaknesses?
8) ethical dilemma extravaganza

:luck:. be honest. be yourself. you're going to love it there!:hardy:

Members don't see this ad :)
These are the questions they typically ask:

1. What is your name?
2. What is your quest?
3. What is your favorite color?

Is your interview tomorrow?? Or Tuesday?? I thought they just interviewed on Tues and Fri.

These are the questions they typically ask:

1. What is your name?
2. What is your quest?
3. What is your favorite color?

I prefer:

1. What is your name?
2. What is your quest?
3. What is the average air speed of an unladen swallow?

Yeah, sometimes they throw you a curveball.

One of the questions I got was something like "what do you think of how the CDC handled the SARS outbreak and would you have handled it any differently?".

My answer would have been "how did the CDC handle the SARS outbreak?"

And my next answer would have been "I have no expertise in this matter, and they are the ****ing CDC. If I was in charge, I would have called my uncle, who is a microbiologist, and asked him what to do."

My answer would have been "how did the CDC handle the SARS outbreak?"

And my next answer would have been "I have no expertise in this matter, and they are the ****ing CDC. If I was in charge, I would have called my uncle, who is a microbiologist, and asked him what to do."

:laugh: The question actually did catch me off guard but it wasn't a big deal. The interviewer who asked it did preface the question by saying she understands I may not have much background info on the matter. Oh and she may have asked it because I happen to be working on my MPH degree with a concentration in epidemiology. ;)

So what was your answer?

Well to be honest, I didn't remember that well what had gone on or if there were any complaints about how they handled it. I said the most important thing is to try to identify the source of the outbreak as quickly as possible and from what I remember they did their best to do that. I said I wouldn't have done anything differently although ideally the quicker the source/problem could be identified the better.

Thanks everyone!
My interview is early tuesday, but I'm leaving tomorrow morning since I'm coming all the way from PA.
So do they usually throw some weird curveball questions?
And do I really need to research cases on stem cells and other ethical dilemmas?

Here are some questions they asked me:

Why do you want to be a DO?
Why do you want to come to Tennessee? (I'm out of state)
What specialty are you interested in?
What is one of the biggest problems in health care today?
What can you as a doctor do to improve the health care system?
What would you do if you had a patient with CPD (Chronic Pulmonary Disease) and he/she would not stop smoking?