Tips for Step 1 Studying on M3 rotations?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ArteryStudyPainting

Artery: The study of painting
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
As the title says, all tips and hints are great.

I'm taking my test 9/25. Starting rotations at the end of this month.

Apart from having questions, Anki, etc., on my iPad.

Anything?

Members don't see this ad.

You're going to be on the wards all day 5-6 days/week for the entire 2 months until your Step?

Unless you are absolutely killing practice exams I'd go out of my way to get at least a few weeks of dedicated.

Why is your schedule this wonky? did you already have a dedicated?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in dedicated now.

Our school, b/c of covid, is pushing its step deadline back until September.

That being said, I'm not gifted with knowledge, brute force everything I know with pure pushing forward (hello MCAT). I know that the more time I have, the better.

I know that the more time I have, the better.
I would really reconsider. Taking the test fresh off dedicated is more valuable than the additional time is. Ask anybody who crammed hard for Step 1 about how much atrophy they experienced in the following months. If I had to take Step 1 again tomorrow I would legitimately fear failing it, and I've had an entire extra year of time since I took it.

Reactions: 1 users
yeah i forgot 35% of what i learned for step after a month. And I am being conservative in my estimate here. Best time is after dedicated, if you need more time talk to your school to take a research elective or something and take it right after that. The other option would be to take it after year three altogether with step 2.

Reactions: 1 users
Just hurry up and take it now right before rotations start. Travel if you have to. I did and I don’t regret it one bit. Studying for step 1 on rotations would be a nightmare.

Reactions: 1 user