• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

Tips for Step 1 Studying on M3 rotations?

efle

not an elf
7+ Year Member
Apr 6, 2014
  1. Resident [Any Field]
    You're going to be on the wards all day 5-6 days/week for the entire 2 months until your Step?

Unless you are absolutely killing practice exams I'd go out of my way to get at least a few weeks of dedicated.

About the Ads

ArteryStudyPainting

Artery: The study of painting
    5+ Year Member
  • May 25, 2016
    Nay
    1. Medical Student
      I'm in dedicated now.

Our school, b/c of covid, is pushing its step deadline back until September.

That being said, I'm not gifted with knowledge, brute force everything I know with pure pushing forward (hello MCAT). I know that the more time I have, the better.

efle

not an elf
      7+ Year Member
      Apr 6, 2014
      1. Resident [Any Field]
        I know that the more time I have, the better.
        I would really reconsider. Taking the test fresh off dedicated is more valuable than the additional time is. Ask anybody who crammed hard for Step 1 about how much atrophy they experienced in the following months. If I had to take Step 1 again tomorrow I would legitimately fear failing it, and I've had an entire extra year of time since I took it.

Reactions: 1 users

libertyyne

5+ Year Member
        Mar 5, 2015
        1. Medical Student
          yeah i forgot 35% of what i learned for step after a month. And I am being conservative in my estimate here. Best time is after dedicated, if you need more time talk to your school to take a research elective or something and take it right after that. The other option would be to take it after year three altogether with step 2.

Reactions: 1 users
          About the Ads
          This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.