Tips on dealing w/ disrespect?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm not doing anything crazy gents. But I'm not taking attitude anymore either. 9/10 times its overweight bitchy nurses who hate life. I would never be dumb enough to do something to jeopardize my future. Furthermore, I would never douche an attending or anyone affiliated w my program bc I may need them in the future.

I got written up once last month for laying into a circulator for treating me like gargbage. I'm won't bore you with the details but it was ridiculous. My PD basically high fived me bc she's had a history of disrespecting residents.

I'm a 30 something human being, so bc I decided to be a resident this gives you the right to treat me like scum? Not anymore

And I won't go into my next job with this attitude. But I'm not going to be someone's whipping boy either

Members don't see this ad.

Let me suggest an alternative approach:

Last day of residency was ,without a doubt, one of the best days of my life... I was on call, 3AM get a call from burn unit to emergently intubate a big guy that had been 50% burned upper torso with smoke inhalation. Half a stick of STP and 100 o' sux-- all edema. I told myself I wasn't goin' out like this. Just rammed a 7.5 where I thought it should be and it slid in. BS bilateral and PCXR was solid. O2 sats golden and RT lady all happy. No procedure note, no charge sheet. Beeper left at OR board when no one was lookin'. Slid out hospital at 0645 with no goodby's, thank you's or gonna miss you's. Got to the apt. and loaded up U-Haul with 100% VA disability, 100% SS disability uncle( Vietnam, agent orange, PTSD--you know the bogus gig). Letter and keys in an envelope dropped in the apt. night box. No change or forwarding of address with post office, no cares about apt. or electric deposits. ZIPPY DONE EVAPORATED! Roll on out at 1700 with floorboard boom box playin' "Comfortably Numb", and a bottle of chilled Wild Turkey in the ice chest. Uncle drivin' and on outskirts of town we light up a big fat doober. I told him not to shut off the old biitch until we were home. Ole Hunter Thompson didn't have a thing on us that night... Regards, ---Zip

Reactions: 9 users