Tips on how to not get over anxious when waiting

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CoffeeMilkShake

Reaction score
How do you guys prevent yourself from checking every 5 minutes and not getting nervous and anxious during application cycles? Any tips?

Members don't see this ad.

Any hobbies? Anything you've always wanted to try out or do? Depends on what you like to do

Members don't see this ad :)
How do you guys prevent yourself from checking every 5 minutes and not getting nervous and anxious during application cycles? Any tips?
Check your email/spam mail once a day and your school portals twice a week.
Live & be happy!

Reactions: 3 users
Realize that the literal earliest emails are sent are the end of july, and that the vast majority are in august/september/october/november for interviews. So basically you're wasting your time checking every 5 minutes for probably the next 3-4 weeks

Reactions: 2 users
I had just started working at an OMFS office last July after submitting apps and during wisdom extraction szn so it was a great distraction! I didnt have time to constantly check my phone, so maybe getting a part time job or some other activity that dominates your attention might help :)

stay off sdn...
100% second this if you are done with secondaries and until you get any IIs. The only people posting about IIs are those that get them. Those that don’t aren’t going to post. You feel more anxious and inadequate if you look at posts of people getting IIs until you get your first 1 or 2. I say 2 because I totally thought the first one was a fluke.

Reactions: 1 user
100% second this if you are done with secondaries and until you get any IIs. The only people posting about IIs are those that get them. Those that don’t aren’t going to post. You feel more anxious and inadequate if you look at posts of people getting IIs until you get your first 1 or 2. I say 2 because I totally thought the first one was a fluke.
I feel this is it

Awww, thanks! I did get in last cycle after heaps of anxiety. Just try to relax and enjoy this time off from the cycle since you’re done super early! Your app will be on the table first for rolling admissions, and you don’t need to worry about it until you hear back from the committee.

I mostly consulted SDN for interview advice (especially where to get practice interview questions) and admissions procedures for matriculation. I would also wait to practice interviewing until you get an II so you can practice answering school-specific questions.

Best of Luck!

Reactions: 1 users