Tired of School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CaptainJackSparrow83

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im in a bit of a sticky situation so Id appreciate it if you listen to me and try to offer advice rather than meme me thanks guys

Im a first semester med student at a DO school and im exhausted. I didn't come in expecting it to be easy , and Ive put in a good amount of effort, some of my classes are going well (A in biochem), some mediocre/just passing (embryology ) and then anatomy which after exam 1 im probably failing. There's just too much to memorize for my brain to handle and I'm willing to admit maybe I'm too "Dumb" for med school
I had decent stats 3.5 gpas and a killer MCAT score 516 (honestly the MCAT was a joke to study for compared to med school). Our professor wants us to read the entire book for anatomy and there just isnt enough time. The practicals are incredibly tricky based on the minuta they ask us on and the poor quality dissections. And compared to my friends who are learning clinical based anatomy questions/third order questions, ours are just straight up extreme detail pickyness (which of the following structures is the xyz ligament attached to) Im not complaining exactly, I understand I just have to be resilient and suck it up but my main thing is:

Im honestly just tired of it and I don't think I can take two years of this. Id like to be a doctor but the amount of struggling is less and less appealing to me each day. Its still early for a refund Im just considering what alternative careers I could take and make atleast 50-60 K because at the level of unhappiness I am at now, as long as I have an alternative job for 60 K and can get a one bedroom apartment and food on the table, Id probably be happier than dealing with the drilling of knowledge I will never use on a daily basis. My major was bioengineering but to be honest I felt that major didnt prepare me for any career.

P.S.
I wouldnt be that open to nursing but does anyone know if a PA program is a bit less cut throat than medical school?

Members don't see this ad.

Im in a bit of a sticky situation so Id appreciate it if you listen to me and try to offer advice rather than meme me thanks guys

Im a first semester med student at a DO school and im exhausted. I didn't come in expecting it to be easy , and Ive put in a good amount of effort, some of my classes are going well (A in biochem), some mediocre/just passing (embryology ) and then anatomy which after exam 1 im probably failing. There's just too much to memorize for my brain to handle and I'm willing to admit maybe I'm too "Dumb" for med school
I had decent stats 3.5 gpas and a killer MCAT score 516 (honestly the MCAT was a joke to study for compared to med school). Our professor wants us to read the entire book for anatomy and there just isnt enough time. The practicals are incredibly tricky based on the minuta they ask us on and the poor quality dissections. And compared to my friends who are learning clinical based anatomy questions/third order questions, ours are just straight up extreme detail pickyness (which of the following structures is the xyz ligament attached to) Im not complaining exactly, I understand I just have to be resilient and suck it up but my main thing is:

Im honestly just tired of it and I don't think I can take two years of this. Id like to be a doctor but the amount of struggling is less and less appealing to me each day. Its still early for a refund Im just considering what alternative careers I could take and make atleast 50-60 K because at the level of unhappiness I am at now, as long as I have an alternative job for 60 K and can get a one bedroom apartment and food on the table, Id probably be happier than dealing with the drilling of knowledge I will never use on a daily basis. My major was bioengineering but to be honest I felt that major didnt prepare me for any career.

P.S.
I wouldnt be that open to nursing but does anyone know if a PA program is a bit less cut throat than medical school?
PA is of course less difficult and will give up some of that detail that you don't like. But they have Anatomy Lab too with Cadavers. I understand exactly where you are coming from with anatomy lab, I hated it, and felt the same way you do. My best advice is go get a tutor from the school or find some masters student to help (if your program has one). Also try and figure out what to focus on, get sessions with the professors (try to make a group to make it worth their time).

You are not too dumb for med school. It gets much better once MGA is done.

Reactions: 1 users
I have never been as miserable in my life as I was in anatomy. Don't give up on your dream of being a doctor because first semester of med school is going poorly. It gets better. I'll wholeheartedly admit dropping out was tempting this time first year, but this time fourth year, I'm so glad I didn't.

That said, get some help with A) anatomy and B) your mental health. Try to get hooked up with some second years or above who have been through your curriculum and lived to tell the tale.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)

P.S.
Very sorry to hear of your woes.

I suggest that you consider taking a LOA and find out why your stamina isn't capable of dealing with med school. My knee jerk reaction when I see posts like this is to think that there is some mental or organic health issue going on.

In defence of my Anatomy colleagues, in order to understand the clinical, you have to master the basics first. Crawling before walking and all that.

Very sorry to hear of your woes.

I suggest that you consider taking a LOA and find out why your stamina isn't capable of dealing with med school. My knee jerk reaction when I see posts like this is to think that there is some mental or organic health issue going on.

In defence of my Anatomy colleagues, in order to understand the clinical, you have to master the basics first. Crawling before walking and all that.
Anatomy is a constant theme of DO school, at least in my program. I have seen concepts come back over and over. That said, I absolutely do not need the level of nitpicky required for lab, where they pull out a unidentifiable string and ask me what action the muscle it attaches to does.

Anatomy is a constant theme of DO school, at least in my program. I have seen concepts come back over and over. That said, I absolutely do not need the level of nitpicky required for lab, where they pull out a unidentifiable string and ask me what action the muscle it attaches to does.
Wait until you get to your Surgery rotation!

Wait until you get to your Surgery rotation!
I look forward to it :inpain:, I hope they dissect better than my classmates, I might have a decent shot then.

Reactions: 1 user
BTW, I personally think you don't take LOA in the middle of the semester unless you are failing. The school won't give you that money back now, might as well let it ride and see how you do. If you need a LOA between 1st and second semester to think about it, then do it. But this semester is a sunk cost, let it ride.

P.S.

I nearly failed both my first exams which had both anatomy and biochem and I ended up sitting in the very low C range after the first two exams. It made me think I was incredibly dumb and not cut out for medical school. Anatomy was the absolute lowest point in my life and I was extremely close to dropping everything and just going to go flip burgers. I hated anatomy lab and it is the absolute biggest waste of time in med school, right up there with TBLs. But I grew up poor, so the burden of even one semesters worth of tuition kept me going.

Ended up being top 10-15ish out of >150 in my class, >95th percentile COMLEX and a good step.

If you want to do it, you can. Learn the minutiae if you only absolutely have to, as for anatomy, it is truly low yield. For me, I dropped everything and only went through the PowerPoints several times each. Use UMich anatomy practice questions. Use downstate anatomy for practical practice instead wasting time sitting at the cadaver thinking how pointless this is. Do as many practice questions as you can find. Let the gunner idiot who thinks it'll help him be a surgeon in your group do the dissections while you study lecture material instead. Even if you scrape by with a 70% in anatomy at the end, you will be fine. It still ended up being one of my highest scoring sections on both exams.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users

P.S.

Don't get down on these silly things. You're going to be a great physician someday if you keep working hard. Everyday of sweat and pain isn't to satisfy some stupid PhD outdated eval of you being a physician. These sacrifices are made today in order to save lives and do awesome stuff 7-8 years from now. The further you move along in your education, the further you move away from these PhD evals and closer toward evals made by physicians. If you put your head down and keep working hard, your future pts and future colleagues will thank you down the road. Determination, grit, and hard work consistently day after day month after month year after year will bring you to the ultimate success. Don't forget that.

So, to give you some perspectives, 70-80% of my exams in first year are made by PhDs with minute details that have no clinical relevance. Now, 40-50% of my exams in second year are made by these PhDs with the rest by clinicians. Studying has come so much easier for me. My grades are still average but I'm pretty sure that I am killing all the high yield clinical relevant quests w/ 90+% average bc I'm destroying both Kaplan and USMLE-Rx Qbanks right now.

You will continue to work hard but it will come together and make so much more sense and fun the farther you are along in your education as your education will be more and more taught by physicians.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow thanks so much guys , Id like to say thanks to each of you but it definitely helps knowing that Im not a failure because I failed an exam. Its really disheartening seeing the guy next to you just cruse through anatomy and me struggle.

After speaking with family since they funded my education, Im going to finish this semester with my best foot forward and if I pass all my classes, great Ill move onto next, but for some reason if I fail Ill say goodbye to my medical career and pick up on something easier.

Don't get down on these silly things. You're going to be a great physician someday if you keep working hard. Everyday of sweat and pain isn't to satisfy some stupid PhD outdated eval of you being a physician. These sacrifices are made today in order to save lives and do awesome stuff 7-8 years from now. The further you move along in your education, the further you move away from these PhD evals and closer toward evals made by physicians. If you put your head down and keep working hard, your future pts and future colleagues will thank you down the road. Determination, grit, and hard work consistently day after day month after month year after year will bring you to the ultimate success. Don't forget that.

So, to give you some perspectives, 70-80% of my exams in first year are made by PhDs with minute details that have no clinical relevance. Now, 40-50% of my exams in second year are made by these PhDs with the rest by clinicians. Studying has come so much easier for me. My grades are still average but I'm pretty sure that I am killing all the high yield clinical relevant quests w/ 90+% average bc I'm destroying both Kaplan and USMLE-Rx Qbanks right now.

You will continue to work hard but it will come together and make so much more sense and fun the farther you are along in your education as your education will be more and more taught by physicians.

I wanted to ask directly, when does the actual torture usually end? Im totally fine with doing "Doctor " stuff like patient rounds, diagnoses, procedures, but the drone of studying hundreds of nerves and arteries their tributaries etc is literally painful to me.

I wanted to ask directly, when does the actual torture usually end? Im totally fine with doing "Doctor " stuff like patient rounds, diagnoses, procedures, but the drone of studying hundreds of nerves and arteries their tributaries etc is literally painful to me.

It gets slightly better after the 1st semester in your case. But, the reality for the 1st two years is that it gets progressively better after every semester with less lectures from PhDs and more lectures from MDs/DOs. Keep your chin up. People are defined by their failures and struggles, not by how effortless they are at achieving a certain task.

Members don't see this ad :)
That first semester is by far the worst. Not that it's the hardest material, but it's absolutely the hardest to adjust to. You will find your "new normal" soon. You're obviously qualified (your GPA and MCAT were substantially better than I had coming in), but you obviously recognize that you have deficiencies early on. That is key, because you have the ability to strengthen your weaknesses and the awareness to know that they exist (the weaknesses that is).

You'll be fine.

PS: PA school is no joke. It's "easier" because there's less depth, but it is brutally fast and that first year is arguably worse than either of the first two years of med school.

Yeah you think you're exhausted now...are you getting up at 0400 on your general surgery rotation or trying to look engaged and impress at every turn during 3 months of auditions while living out of a suitcase?

1st semester is really tough, I do agree. But it's light practice compared to some months ahead of you. I would still see it through if I were you.

Last edited:
It ends when you hit Professor Emeritus. You're going to be a lifelong learner....this is a required competency for being a doctor.

Yeah you think you're exhausted now...are you getting up at 0400 on your general surgery rotation or trying to look engaged and impress at every turn during 3 months of auditions while living out of a suitcase?

1st semester is really tough, I do agree. But it's light practice compared to some months ahead of you. I would still see it through if I were you.

Did you have to do alot of memorizing during ur surgery rotation? Personally I dont see being able to learn the same volume of material when Im sleep deprived.

Did you have to do alot of memorizing during ur surgery rotation? Personally I dont see being able to learn the same volume of material when Im sleep deprived.
You'll be surprised at how much you have to study during 3rd year when you are on rotations. I would say I find myself studying a lot harder as 3rd year compared to year 1 and 2. Especially Surgery: Reviewing the anatomy, reading up on your patients, studying the pimp-able facts, studying for the shelf exam, remember all the small clinical tidbits/patient info so you don't look like an idiot in front of your residents. All of this on a 4-5 hours a night sleep. You'll get better at studying

Our professor wants us to read the entire book for anatomy and there just isnt enough time.

Absolutely do not read the book, just hammer home PP and I would recommend BRS anatomy.

and it is the absolute biggest waste of time in med school, right up there with TBLs.

Amen, I never understood what the term "time suck" really meant until anatomy lab. 6 hours a week of doing nothing.

Let the gunner idiot who thinks it'll help him be a surgeon in your group do the dissections while you study lecture material instead.

You are on your game today Rekt. Everyone will hate you for it, but absolutely do not dissect, walk around and quiz yourself on the other cadavers, or study lecture material. Pretend surgery gunners love to dissect, real surgery gunners just study.

Yeah what unomas said. 3rd year is great because now you're actually doing things, but it does require the same intensity of study in core rotations.

Yeah what unomas said. 3rd year is great because now you're actually doing things, but it does require the same intensity of study in core rotations.

With the exception of surgery Im concerned because Im not required to go to lectures right now. My understanding is rotations will be like being a doctor and you will be at the hospital from like 6 am to 8 PM, how would you manage to study that much material in about 4 hours,

Absolutely do not read the book, just hammer home PP and I would recommend BRS anatomy.

Amen, I never understood what the term "time suck" really meant until anatomy lab. 6 hours a week of doing nothing.

You are on your game today Rekt. Everyone will hate you for it, but absolutely do not dissect, walk around and quiz yourself on the other cadavers, or study lecture material. Pretend surgery gunners love to dissect, real surgery gunners just study.

The good news is now I dont have to read the book because the professors are also changing. So definitely wont do that again. Will try out BRS anatomy.
Again our school is a bit different they dont ask the regular usmle/comlex style exam questions for anatomy, they just ask straight up memorization style questions
For dissection, we have to dissect its part our grade. But I definitely wont go overboard then, thank you for that tip.

they just ask straight up memorization style questions

In that case I would go straight to Anki. Our anatomy is more applied/clinical anatomy for lecture exams so BRS is money, but if yours is more just rote memorization then Anki the crap out of it.

Do they actually grade you on if you are actually cutting in the cadaver? If so that sucks, ours just requires us to be in the lab so I don't cut and just walk around quizzing myself.

In that case I would go straight to Anki. Our anatomy is more applied/clinical anatomy for lecture exams so BRS is money, but if yours is more just rote memorization then Anki the crap out of it.

Do they actually grade you on if you are actually cutting in the cadaver? If so that sucks, ours just requires us to be in the lab so I don't cut and just walk around quizzing myself.
My lab did, and it sucked. My group mates were not interested in studying during lab, and they either gossiped or tried to wander off constantly. It was bad and made it very difficult for me. That's why I would try and get in with a TA or a student who really enjoys the lab and is good at identifying origins in really crappy dissections.

Its funny that even with the penalty, some were able to get away with doing nothing. I had one lab mate who missed her 3 'allowed' labs and then skipped an extra lab claiming religious holiday. My other two partners skipped multiple labs as well for weddings and other nonsense, plus their 'allowed misses'. Then there would be two of us there and the professor would come by and be like 'your not getting your crap done.' Thanks Sherlock! I couldn't have figured out that when everyone else is getting excused absences for nonsense left and right that stuff doesn't go as fast. But I'm not bitter at all... :bullcrap:

More importantly find someone who likes the lab and is good at it, and study with them outside of wasted group time. I needed more of this, and didn't get it unfortunately due to lack of resources (school had just doubled the masters program), and admittedly poor networking on my part. Your lowest grade is your most important class!!!!! Don't overthink and say well anatomy's a loss I will just focus on keeping my B in biochem/genetics/ w/e your school calls it. That's a mistake. Until your average is over 80 in everything, you don't worry about trying to push that 88 to a A.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

They do this year because a team last year didnt dissect anything etc etc.
Im dealing with an immature group right now too, two girls thought by silently reporting to the professor that the other 5 of us arent dissecting, they could get extra points.
They reported this on week 3 (they are very stupid), when we had only had 2 weekends. Anyway we have to scan into lab and the professor figured it out.
TDLR : our lab extra sucks.

Anatomy was honestly painful for me. I went to lectures and got nothing out of it, I went down to lab and could identify nothing. It got the point that I needed to physically tell myself each morning that I wanted to be a doctor to keep on going.

Either way I don't know any muscle anatomy at this point and I genuinely cannot say I care.

Reactions: 5 users
Maybe I'm weird, but in the last three days I've felt more like a medical student/future physician that I have the past 6 1/2 weeks. Personally I love anatomy but I also just did a gross dissection before I graduated undergrad in may and want to do surgery. I'd recommend using multiple study modalities for it. I use the netters flash cards, Olinger atlas (has great cadaver pictures) and U Mich anatomy quizzes. Just hang in there and grind on through. There've been a few days since we started, especially in biochem, where I went what the hell did I get myself into, but you adjust and push through. We're all here for you if you need someone to lean on!

Reactions: 3 users
The advice I was given was just to get thru it and the clinical rotations in year 3-4 should be peachy.

I've given up trying to memorize every little thing and just focus on stuff I have to learn to pass and then add in stuff I find interesting to keep it fun.

I agree, this stuff blows to study. But I just finished my first block and I haven't died... yet ;). Keep chugging along and don't make rash choices, as I almost did myself.

It gets slightly better after the 1st semester in your case. But, the reality for the 1st two years is that it gets progressively better after every semester with less lectures from PhDs and more lectures from MDs/DOs. Keep your chin up. People are defined by their failures and struggles, not by how effortless they are at achieving a certain task.

I was told this by our 2nd years... Less PhD stuff, more MD/DOs teaching ONLY the clinically relevant material vs the super detailed biochem fluff.

I cannot wait. :sour:

I was told this by our 2nd years... Less PhD stuff, more MD/DOs teaching ONLY the clinically relevant material vs the super detailed biochem fluff.

I cannot wait. :sour:

Actually, the super detailed biochem stuff are still there. But, it's so much easier to memorize these stuff when you understand the clinical and pharm relevance for treatment guidelines.

I am in anatomy right now and hate it. I knew I would hate it because I hated undergrad anatomy. I will cry tears of joy once it's over in 4ish weeks. Honestly, you can do it. But you are probably being hindered by the fact that you want it to feel like a science class. The only way I get through is by looking at it like memorizing a map and trying to think about everything in a very basic way. Idk, I'm rambling but I feel your pain homie.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I am in anatomy right now and hate it. I knew I would hate it because I hated undergrad anatomy. I will cry tears of joy once it's over in 4ish weeks. Honestly, you can do it. But you are probably being hindered by the fact that you want it to feel like a science class. The only way I get through is by looking at it like memorizing a map and trying to think about everything in a very basic way. Idk, I'm rambling but I feel your pain homie.

I'm curious as to why you don't like anatomy. Is it just the memorizing or do you genuinely just not enjoy the subject?

I'm curious as to why you don't like anatomy. Is it just the memorizing or do you genuinely just not enjoy the subject?

I know you didn't ask me this, but ill chime in. I hate anatomy because we frankly have a clown teaching it. He clearly tells us he doesnt want to ask any clinical questions because he doesnt understand the clinical material. No hate for fellow PHD's but lets atleast get a qualified person to teach the class who 1. Doesnt say read the textbook I dont wanna lecture 2. I dont understand the clinical relevance of anatomy.
Our professor is changing so I hope to have a more positive experience.

I dont like memorizing too much and while some parts can be understood , I have to memorize most of it. IE. C3, C4, C5 innervate the phrenic nerve (if im even correct), its just a lot of material which I dont think will be relevant to a huge number of graduates.

I know you didn't ask me this, but ill chime in. I hate anatomy because we frankly have a clown teaching it. He clearly tells us he doesnt want to ask any clinical questions because he doesnt understand the clinical material. No hate for fellow PHD's but lets atleast get a qualified person to teach the class who 1. Doesnt say read the textbook I dont wanna lecture 2. I dont understand the clinical relevance of anatomy.
Our professor is changing so I hope to have a more positive experience.

I dont like memorizing too much and while some parts can be understood , I have to memorize most of it. IE. C3, C4, C5 innervate the phrenic nerve (if im even correct), its just a lot of material which I dont think will be relevant to a huge number of graduates.

Yeah I can see that. I've had the pleasure of having two good anatomy professors (here at KCU and in undergrad) who do a good job of incorporating the clinical when relevant. Like I said I genuinely enjoy the subject, but that's why they make Fords and Chevrolets! (Sorry for the bad dad/grandpa saying)

Idk I actually really like the process of learning anatomy so far. I don't like how its tested at all though, in class tests or practicals. You can literally know everything about everything and be able to explain it in person in the lab and still get questions wrong because you didn't know one minor detail that breaks down the entire question because it's higher order. It's extremely frustrating.

I definitely loved anatomy, hoping to be able to TA it next summer. But i think thats due to a variety of factors, we dont do dissections, written exams were clinically based, and we had some pretty great anatomy professors.

My suggestion would be:

Lab: look over the dissected bodies as many times as you can, open lab time was awesome for this and was a daily routine for me. Go in with a friend or two and quiz eachother constantly, start out going in with notes of what you need to know and closer to the exam just free ball and walk up to a body and quiz what you know and have your partners do the same.

Written: BRS if clinical questions, flashcards if mostly 1st order questions. I did a combination of both, flash carded everything for the first 3/4 of the unit then mostly as many questions as i could get my hands on for the last 1/4.

You definitely have to figure out what your profs love to test on, for one exam i literally went through and made sheets of every single thing i recognized as minutiae. After that exam i realized not a single line of the 5 written pages i had of minutiae was on the exam. However on our most recent pathophys exam there was a couple questions on things mentioned once in little tiny text in the bottom corner of one page in the course pack.

We're all going through a huge adjustment right now, and it's easy to feel overwhelmed. But i have faith that if you made it to this point you can make it through, just put in the time and dont be so hard on yourself for needing time to adjust. Youve got this OP

I do admit we have decent faculty and a good curriculum. So its not an internal problem. In undergrad, it was a curriculum problem mostly. My troubles with it come with memorization I think. Its weird, I am really bad at directions and I think it is related. Anatomy is like the navigation of of the body. I really do enjoy knowing what I have learned, but it doesn't come naturally. I come from a chemistry and biochemistry background, and somehow that's easier for me to conceptualize. Its odd to explain, because anatomy is technically 'straight-forward', but there are so many unpredictable specifics and minutiae that make it not as enjoyable to me. Also, I really don't like dissections. So maybe hate is too strong a word. But I definitely can't wait for our Biochem block :)

I do admit we have decent faculty and a good curriculum. So its not an internal problem. In undergrad, it was a curriculum problem mostly. My troubles with it come with memorization I think. Its weird, I am really bad at directions and I think it is related. Anatomy is like the navigation of of the body. I really do enjoy knowing what I have learned, but it doesn't come naturally. I come from a chemistry and biochemistry background, and somehow that's easier for me to conceptualize. Its odd to explain, because anatomy is technically 'straight-forward', but there are so many unpredictable specifics and minutiae that make it not as enjoyable to me. Also, I really don't like dissections. So maybe hate is too strong a word. But I definitely can't wait for our Biochem block :)

Haha on the flip side I'm so happy biochem is over

Reactions: 3 users
Haha on the flip side I'm so happy biochem is over

I think its just your attitude and professor quality too. I am typically a person to hate biochemistry and stuff at the cellular level and typically I would love anatomy, but its the opposite. Probably because our biochem professor makes the course easier by lecturing, not requiring us to read the book, and even recording his lectures. Anatomy the guy just seems like he doesnt want to be there, so neither do I.

I think its just your attitude and professor quality too. I am typically a person to hate biochemistry and stuff at the cellular level and typically I would love anatomy, but its the opposite. Probably because our biochem professor makes the course easier by lecturing, not requiring us to read the book, and even recording his lectures. Anatomy the guy just seems like he doesnt want to be there, so neither do I.

I couldnt agree more about the professor part. A pepped up professor that LOVES what theyre talking about and loves to teach it, could get me excited about and ready to learn just about anything. Meanwhile a monotone, hard to understand, or boring professor who seems like they dont want to be there can kill even the most enthusing of subjects

P.S.
Not to derail the thread, cause I don't take what you're going through lightly, but for anyone else reading this, please don't get the wrong idea. The MCAT and medical school exams are two completely different things.

I wouldn't quit because it's hard. Quit because you genuinely don't like it and don't want to become a doctor anymore. There are thousands of students who would kill for your position so might as well make the best of it. I'm also in my first semster and I admit, it's difficult, but we'll find our footing and it'll become second nature (I hope). You got this dude.

There's just too much to memorize for my brain to handle and I'm willing to admit maybe I'm too "Dumb" for med school
Im honestly just tired of it and I don't think I can take two years of this. Id like to be a doctor but the amount of struggling is less and less appealing to me each day.

Think about how much effort it took you to get in. From high school through college, plus the MCAT, plus a bunch of ECs, and going through the primary and secondary applications and interview, just to get to where you' are now. I agree, I felt the same way during anatomy this summer. Scraped by, but I know I'm getting better, and I will keep improving. If it was easy, everyone would be a doctor, and everyone would get into med school. You're here for a reason, and guarantee you at least 80% of your class feels/has felt the same way at least once.

Reactions: 2 users
Think about how much effort it took you to get in. From high school through college, plus the MCAT, plus a bunch of ECs, and going through the primary and secondary applications and interview, just to get to where you' are now. I agree, I felt the same way during anatomy this summer. Scraped by, but I know I'm getting better, and I will keep improving. If it was easy, everyone would be a doctor, and everyone would get into med school. You're here for a reason, and guarantee you at least 80% of your class feels/has felt the same way at least once.

Certainly a lot of effort. Just to get in. Im at a passive moment right now. Im going to put in the effort and do my best, but if I end up failing a class, Im not going to retake.

Certainly a lot of effort. Just to get in. Im at a passive moment right now. Im going to put in the effort and do my best, but if I end up failing a class, Im not going to retake.

Don't think about that. Just do what you can, and think positively. In two years, you'll be in the hospital doing actual work instead of just staring at a computer or textbook studying.

Don't think about that. Just do what you can, and think positively. In two years, you'll be in the hospital doing actual work instead of just staring at a computer or textbook studying.

That's what I try to keep focused on... the clinical years. What is this?? Week 8 and i'm already fussing... oh boy.