Tissue in testing center?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anbuitachi

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there tissues next to your computer or something? We aren't allowed to bring in any are we? Or does this vary by center? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Are there tissues next to your computer or something? We aren't allowed to bring in any are we? Or does this vary by center? Thanks

I think if you will need them, you should call them a couple days before your test and let them know. They will most likely provide tissues for you.

yeh they didn't let us bring ANYTHING into the testing room (including tissues.. I asked)... so yeh I would also recommend a sleeve :p

Members don't see this ad :)
At the Prometric test center this March they had a few boxes of tissues outside the exam room, where you do your finger prints. I was allowed to take as many sheets as I needed inside.

At the prometric center in NYC you were allowed to bring in two prometric supplied tissues. The people said to raise my hand if i needed more and they would "replace" them. It didn't get to that point and i just threw them out during my breaks and got more. I would call your specific testing center and ask. For all the security theater, they were pretty nice.

At the prometric center in NYC you were allowed to bring in two prometric supplied tissues. The people said to raise my hand if i needed more and they would "replace" them. It didn't get to that point and i just threw them out during my breaks and got more. I would call your specific testing center and ask. For all the security theater, they were pretty nice.

wtf hahah.. precisely two! that's funny..

definitely going to want tissues though... otherwise how will i see through the tears??

wtf hahah.. precisely two! that's funny..

definitely going to want tissues though... otherwise how will i see through the tears??

i can just imagine having to attend the meeting where they decided on the official tissue issuance and replacement policy. Hopefully they will update their policy book with a "when there is a plane crash the night before an MCAT administration, do not have the TV in the waiting area tuned to CNN showing footage of that plane crash".

The other thing you might want to consider is a set of ear plugs. The ones they supply are very good (at least in my testing center), but once people started on the writing sample (while I was still doing verbal) i put them in and then the prometric ones over them. I have never heard such angry typers in my life.

I have never heard such angry typers in my life.

the deafening sound of uber-go-getters!!

good point though.. will keep that in mind..

and yeah you're right, wtf kind of boring meeting was the one where someone for some test center decided that 3 tissues would lend an unfair advantage or encourage distracting nose blowing, but 2... well 2 is obviously ok :) good stuff.