Tmdsas 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
question: i know that prematch starts on nov 15 - how does that work?

do they notify you by snail mail or can you find out online?

...i mean does anybody actually receive acceptances on nov 15? or typically just sometime later in that period?

thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

question: i know that prematch starts on nov 15 - how does that work?

do they notify you by snail mail or can you find out online?

...i mean does anybody actually receive acceptances on nov 15? or typically just sometime later in that period?

thanks so much!

All schools will email acceptances that day in a large wave. TCOM does phone calls then emails. There will be a couple of extra waves of acceptances, depending on the school, following the first large one and preceding Dec. 31st.

:luck:

Hi there,

I applied to all the Texas schools, but extremely late (submitted Oct 1, verified and transmitted Oct 30).

I understand I am late and I know that hurts my chances, etc.....

However my question is: Do schools actually look at all the applications they receive? Or is it possible that they just don't get to the applications that were received late?

I applied with a 3.78/33R (11/11/11/R), average ECs and research experience (no publications). I have a lot of non-medical volunteering, but not a lot of patient care (barely any) stuff.

Anyway, this is not really another WAMC thread...just wondering how the admissions process works for late applicants? Also, is there any one out here who has received interviews with an extremely late application and if so, what were your stats.

TIA for all your help.
I submitted on the last day possible last cycle with kind of similar stats and received 3 interviews and 2 acceptances. While I'm surprised at a few of the schools from which I didn't receive interviews, it eventually worked out well. The only thing I can see that would possibly hinder your application (other than being late) is the lack of patient interaction. If things don't shake out by the end of December, I'd start working on getting some patient interaction in some capacity and apply early next year.

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted on the last day possible last cycle with kind of similar stats and received 3 interviews and 2 acceptances. While I'm surprised at a few of the schools from which I didn't receive interviews, it eventually worked out well. The only thing I can see that would possibly hinder your application (other than being late) is the lack of patient interaction. If things don't shake out by the end of December, I'd start working on getting some patient interaction in some capacity and apply early next year.

Hey, thanks for the response. Would you mind posting your stats and which schools you had luck with? I applied to all but UT SW and Baylor. UT Houston is my top choice - i'd do anything to hear back from them.

And yea, thats the plan. If I don't get any responses by mid-December, i'll start working on enhancing my application and submit next May/June

Thanks

Hey, thanks for the response. Would you mind posting your stats and which schools you had luck with? I applied to all but UT SW and Baylor. UT Houston is my top choice - i'd do anything to hear back from them.

And yea, thats the plan. If I don't get any responses by mid-December, i'll start working on enhancing my application and submit next May/June

Thanks

out of curiosity why not baylor and UTSW. with your stats i would think you'd still be in the running...

Does anyone know where to actually submit your match preferences? i searched all over TMDSAS but i can't seem to find it... maybe i'm blind? :shrug:

Citrus:

you don't submit match preferences till after pre-match is over. i could be wrong about this so someone correct me if that's the case. Pre-match ends dec. 31. Match preferences would have to be declared by january 15th i believe.

:) it's a difficult wait...but we're almost there!

Does anyone know where to actually submit your match preferences? i searched all over TMDSAS but i can't seem to find it... maybe i'm blind? :shrug:

I actually e-mailed them about this last week. This was their response:

XXXX, this option is still not available to applicants. We are still in the process of having the option programmed through Interfolio. They have given us a date of Nov 15th for the launch.

thanks natfan05 and cher25. I saved myself a phonecall that probably would have annoyed the workers at TMDSAS. :)

out of curiosity why not baylor and UTSW. with your stats i would think you'd still be in the running...

Well, I turned in my application pretty late so I didn't think I had a shot at Baylor. Also, I hadn't started my AMCAS application other than my LOR's when I submitted my TMDSAS (October 1). Now, I regret that decision. I know it was late, but I feel I should have at least tried.

And Southwestern requires you to have all your prerequisites from an accredited US school. I went to school in Canada and thus, could/did not apply. Most other schools say US or Canada.

I AM a TX resident though.

From my understanding, OOS don't do the matching thing, but on my TMDSAS, it has an "update your match preferences" option. I'm just curious if that's the same for other OOS applicants as well.. Thanks!

From my understanding, OOS don't do the matching thing, but on my TMDSAS, it has an "update your match preferences" option. I'm just curious if that's the same for other OOS applicants as well.. Thanks!

It should be absolutely unnecessary for out of state students. But to be on the safe side, e-mail support through TMDSAS and confirm that it is not necessary for you to enter match preferences.

I have the match rank on my TMDSAS too, and I am also OOS. Let me know if you have figured out the answer to this.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in-state and my main page of the tmdsas has two big buttons: one says "accept/decline prematch offers" and the other says "update your match preferences".

These buttons didn't appear until about 10 days after my first interview.
The "update your match preferences" button allows you to rank the schools at which you've interviewed. You have to create this match list by Jan 15.

I have the match rank on my TMDSAS too, and I am also OOS. Let me know if you have figured out the answer to this.

I just went ahead and did it.. since it wouldn't hurt anyway. I just want to know it's not just a glitch on my page.

Okay, I've got some match questions. I've been told again and again that it's in my best interest to rank the schools in a "Dream List" format and not rely on whether or not I think I will get in, but I want some confirmation before I accept this advice at face value.

Here's my question:

Let's say I have this ordered rank list: #1UTSW, #2UTH, #3UTMB, #4TT, #5TT El Paso.

Now looking at the match from UTMB's perspective; As the system is matching people, will it look at UTMB's match list and first match all the people that ranked UTMB #1, then all the people that ranked UTMB #2, then start looking at the people that ranked UTMB #3? Or is the system designed so that I have just as good a chance at getting into UTMB with this match list as I would ranking them #1? (Assuming I am not matched to UTSW or UTH)

Any clarification would be helpful. Thanks!

You should rank your schools in a "Dream List". It will look at your #1 choice, see if you get in, and if not, proceed to #2, etc. Once you have been accepted at your highest choice, it will withdraw you from everything you ranked lower, opening up more spots for others.

Hey guys I was just wondering do all the TMDSAS schools know which schools you have been given and accepted prematch offers to?

Hey guys I was just wondering do all the TMDSAS schools know which schools you have been given and accepted prematch offers to?

That is a good question, I was told specifically by the dean at A&M that they "do not look at that information because it would be unethical". Then it seemed like my interviewers at UTHSCSA (interviewed Monday this week after first round of pre-match offers) seemed to 'know' which schools offered me a pre-match. They mentioned one school by name after they asked me where else I have interviewed.

It sounds like they might have access to that information from my experience

I know for a fact that schools know which school you matched to after that happens, but I don't know about pre-match. I would assume they have access to that info since TMDSAS does.

I know for a fact that schools know which school you matched to after that happens, but I don't know about pre-match. I would assume they have access to that info since TMDSAS does.

I love the posts that begin with this :rolleyes:

Hey guys,

I have a quick question... I've done a lot of TA-ing and tutoring (unpaid), but I'm not sure where to put this on the tmdsas. Also, would I list each activity separately or in one group (with each activity in the description).

Thanks!!

Edit: I just realized this is last year's thread haha... sorry about that.