***TMDSAS 2016***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Only 2 Houston acceptances? I'm assuming it was a mass email. did you both get them at 7:30 on the dot?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Believe it or not, most people don't like/use SDN.
Yeah. I was just surprised because we had so many SA and baylor acceptances last night. Then again houston does only send out a few on dec 1st.

Reactions: 1 user
Maybe they're not awake yet. I wake up pretty early so I caught it in time.

And yes exactly 7:30 and it was addressed to me. Like the SA one

Maybe they're not awake yet. I wake up pretty early so I caught it in time.

And yes exactly 7:30 and it was addressed to me. Like the SA one
Man. Everyone loves you.

I'm dying.

Hey there are so many spots going to the handed out. Don't worry:) it's still only the first day that they can give acceptances and pretty soon people are going to decline their offers. People can only take one seat and as it stands some have at least 2. It will work out and hopefully you end up in TX!

Reactions: 2 users
Man. Everyone loves you.

Lol not Baylor. But that's okay I'm just happy I got one to bite. Let alone 2. Good luck you guys I hope my San Antonio spot goes to someone very deserving on here.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, I guess that is it.

Gosh I just burst out in tear...

Well, I guess that is it.

Gosh I just burst out in tear...
There's still going to be a lot more invites going out later! Even just looking on here, a few people got all three schools and they're only going to be able to take one.

Reactions: 1 users
I got into all three and I know two other people not on SDN that got into all three.

Reactions: 3 users
Houston at exactly 7:30!!

Thanks! I'm so excited for next fall.

Baylor, no question! I'm from near Dallas and I really liked Baylor's faculty/program.
Well. Hey future classmate! :highfive:

My conversation this morning with my mom:
Me: "MOM! I GOT INTO PITTSBURGH! MY TOP OUT OF STATE CHOICE!" -crying and stuff-
Mom: "Is that a Texas school?"
Me: "...n--no..." -crying slows down-
Mom: "Oh. Well. Ok." -walks away-
Me: "....uh..." -confused-

Mind you that I'm the first person in my family to go to college... and we're dirt poor. Kinda was hoping for more joy... but oh well!

Reactions: 8 users
My conversation this morning with my mom:
Me: "MOM! I GOT INTO PITTSBURGH! MY TOP OUT OF STATE CHOICE!" -crying and stuff-
Mom: "Is that a Texas school?"
Me: "...n--no..." -crying slows down-
Mom: "Oh. Well. Ok." -walks away-
Me: "....uh..." -confused-

Mind you that I'm the first person in my family to go to college... and we're dirt poor. Kinda was hoping for more joy... but oh well!
At least you gotta have "ma, imma be a dentist" conversation...

For everyone who hasn't heard its not over until the day school starts, even then its really never over if you don't give up. Keep improving and keep applying. I had to apply four times but this is my dream. 3 DATS, a masters (post bac), an additional year of random upper level science courses, and an interview each year. This has been an insane ride but let me reassure you that if you want it bad enough you can make it happen. Congratulations to everyone and I am excited to meet my future classmates at Baylor.

Undergrad stats
GPA - 3.1
Scienc - 2.9
(I partied pretty hard)

DAT overall 19, 16, 19 (improved in o chem and PAT)

Masters in medical science
3.56 (with out biostats a 3.75; my dad passed away during that class)

Reactions: 13 users
*combing through old threads to see when Houston sends out their next round...*

For everyone who hasn't heard its not over until the day school starts, even then its really never over if you don't give up. Keep improving and keep applying. I had to apply four times but this is my dream. 3 DATS, a masters (post bac), an additional year of random upper level science courses, and an interview each year. This has been an insane ride but let me reassure you that if you want it bad enough you can make it happen. Congratulations to everyone and I am excited to meet my future classmates at Baylor.

Undergrad stats
GPA - 3.1
Scienc - 2.9
(I partied pretty hard)

DAT overall 19, 16, 19 (improved in o chem and PAT)

Masters in medical science
3.56 (with out biostats a 3.75; my dad passed away during that class)

You're incredible and I will keep on pushing forward. I would love to hear more about your story. I came from a pretty rough background as well and would love to hear more and be inspired.

So does anyone know how the rest of the acceptances pan out? Especially Houston since they sent out the least acceptances thus far?

Just congratulating everyone on their acceptances! I remember the feeling of refreshing your emails every other second to see if you "got lucky". Celebration Time!!

Hey y'all! Long time lurker and first time poster here. So far I've only seen 5 people on SDN say they were accepted to Houston. I know there a lot of people who probably interviewed and don't use SDN but it is interesting that there are so few compared to those who said they got into SA and Baylor. I read on the TMDSAS 2014 thread that Houston sent out their lowest number of first round acceptances ever on Dec. 1st with only 30 being sent out. Apparently Dr. Pierpont had anticipated giving 70 acceptances for that date but it didn't end up happening so I wonder if they actually did send out 50 acceptances today. Maybe this is just wishful thinking on my part though haha. If anyone is interviewing there soon, can you keep us updated on what Dr. Pierpont says about the number of acceptances that have been given out/when the next round of acceptances go out?

Also, congrats to everyone who got in today!!:soexcited: All of our hard work has paid off! I got into SA but I'm still hoping for Houston to come around haha. And for those who haven't heard back from anywhere yet, keep your head up! I'm sure you are all wonderful people and well qualified :) There is still so much time left in this cycle so don't waste it beating yourself up!

Reactions: 4 users
What were your guys stats that got accepted? (GPA, DAT, Volunteer, Shadow Hours)

Hey y'all! Long time lurker and first time poster here. So far I've only seen 5 people on SDN say they were accepted to Houston. I know there a lot of people who probably interviewed and don't use SDN but it is interesting that there are so few compared to those who said they got into SA and Baylor. I read on the TMDSAS 2014 thread that Houston sent out their lowest number of first round acceptances ever on Dec. 1st with only 30 being sent out. Apparently Dr. Pierpont had anticipated giving 70 acceptances for that date but it didn't end up happening so I wonder if they actually did send out 50 acceptances today. Maybe this is just wishful thinking on my part though haha. If anyone is interviewing there soon, can you keep us updated on what Dr. Pierpont says about the number of acceptances that have been given out/when the next round of acceptances go out?

Also, congrats to everyone who got in today!!:soexcited: All of our hard work has paid off! I got into SA but I'm still hoping for Houston to come around haha. And for those who haven't heard back from anywhere yet, keep your head up! I'm sure you are all wonderful people and well qualified :) There is still so much time left in this cycle so don't waste it beating yourself up!

Yeah, Baylor pretty much fills their entire class during the first round, so if you didn't get Baylor on Dec 1 it's a pretty slim chance. Rest of the spots go to OOS or off waitlist to fill those who deny. Definitely dont give up hope though. My friend got Baylor during March last year, post Dec interview
Houston just likes to make us wait haha.

Yeah, Baylor pretty much fills their entire class during the first round, so if you didn't get Baylor on Dec 1 it's a pretty slim chance. Rest of the spots go to OOS or off waitlist to fill those who deny. Definitely dont give up hope though. My friend got Baylor during March last year, post Dec interview
Houston just likes to make us wait haha.

Last edited:
I'm turning down my Houston interview next week because of my Baylor acceptance. Hang in there guys.

Got accepted to Houston at 7:30 this morning. I couldn't be more excited and I'm looking forward to meeting my future classmates :happy:.

It won't mean much to everyone, but it's something I wish I had understood last year. As a second time applicant, to those that haven't heard back today, please don't give up. On the off-chance that you don't get accepted this year, use your time off to improve yourself as a person, and make sure to help out your community in the meantime. When you finally get in it will be so much sweeter if you can say your acceptance came the second time around because you took the time to become a better person.

Got accepted to Houston at 7:30 this morning. I couldn't be more excited and I'm looking forward to meeting my future classmates :happy:.

It won't mean much to everyone, but it's something I wish I had understood last year. As a second time applicant, to those that haven't heard back today, please don't give up. On the off-chance that you don't get accepted this year, use your time off to improve yourself as a person, and make sure to help out your community in the meantime. When you finally get in it will be so much sweeter if you can say your acceptance came the second time around because you took the time to become a better person.

Yessss Houston gets another Longhorn. Hook em!

Also got my acceptance into Houston this morning at 7:30am! Could not be more stoked #blessed
Hook 'em forever \m/