TMDSAS MCAT question

Started by banthapug
Tags Tags
tmdsas
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

banthapug

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a reapplicant, but this cycle will be my first time filling out TMDSAS. I have 32 MCAT from June 2013, but I am retaking it this June because for most schools outside of Texas that is considered expired. TMDSAS wants me to disclose any future MCAT dates, but I am afraid this will delay my application process. Do I absolutely have to tell them I am taking it in June? If so, it's no big deal - just have to bite the bullet I suppose.

Thanks in advance!
 
Are you openly suggesting that it would somehow be appropriate for a prospective physician to knowing enter misinformation on an perhaps the first official document that he/she will attest to is accurate in their medical career?

Besides the ethical question that I raise, e TDMSAS may consider your application without knowing the future MCAT but you may have to explain at any potential interview why a subsequent score showed up in your file without letting them know it was coming.
I absolutely didn't mean it like that, although I can see how it might have sounded like that. I was simply wondering because the only reason I am retaking it is because it has "expired" but for TMDSAS my score from 2013 is still good so I didn't know if would be different in this case. Anyways, I don't mean to make excuses for shoving my foot in my mouth. Thank you for your prompt response and a slap on my wrist.