TMDSAS question!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sonangel

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I didn't think my MCAT would turn out well but I got a 34P (VR:11 PS:13 BS:10). So, now I am thinking of Texas schools again.

Do I have a shot at UTSW or UT Houston?

I have a 3.85 GPA.
80 hrs of volunteering (70 of which are in the ER)
30 hrs of shadowing
2.5 years of research with 3 publications (1 of them is 1st co-author) in Biochemistry and one more in a manuscript form. Also, I have received several research scholarships (one every year since freshman year).
I have tutored calculus for a year.
Also, I am a Oklahoma resident.

So, do I have a decent chance at texas schools. If so, is it going to be too late to submit TMDSAS next week and still have a chance at getting an acceptance?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

You have a shot, but I wouldn't just apply to only those two schools if you are seriously looking at Texas. That's just my opinion though. You will get into Oklahoma "for sure" unless you have something you aren't telling us or your have a terrible interview.

You have a shot, but I wouldn't just apply to only those two schools if you are seriously looking at Texas. That's just my opinion though. You will get into Oklahoma "for sure" unless you have something you aren't telling us or your have a terrible interview.

Thanks!

So you think I might have a reasonable chance or is it extreme reach, esp UTSW?

Which other schools do you suggest I should apply to with my stats? Also, will it be too late if I submit TMDSAS next week?

Thanks again! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks!

So you think I might have a reasonable chance or is it extreme reach, esp UTSW?

Which other schools do you suggest I should apply to with my stats? Also, will it be too late if I submit TMDSAS next week?

Thanks again! :)
Two years ago a girl from Oklahoma got in with a 36. If you were instate I would say you are not too late, but I am not sure about out of state. Go to the school specific threads to find out. I can't remember if TMDSAS requires you to pay per school or not, but I would apply to them all if it is one price. Seriously though, go to the pre allo school specific threads and find someone who got in from out of state. They will be much more helpful. Good luck and no problem!

I just typed a post explaining how much applying everywhere would cost you, then I remembered the primary is more expensive for OOS. It isn't a flat rate though so you pay by school, but I'd still encourage you to apply broadly here, with your stats. Good luck man.