TMDSAS Timing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

silversky21

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want to apply this cycle but won't be taking my MCAT until the end of June or possibly early July because I still need some more time to study. I am debating whether to take the MCAT in late June and work on my application afterwards/submit in July or take the MCAT in July and submit my application before the MCAT (I'll need some time to work on the application so the MCAT will probably need to be pushed back a little) but I am not sure if that will make a difference and I'm assuming that medical schools do not look at your application until everything is complete (MCAT, LOR, primaries/secondaries)? Does anyone have any advice on this? Because it is rolling admissions, I am trying to plan the timing of my application to be as early as possible.

Members don't see this ad.

TMDSAS opened May 1 and applicants have been submitting since then. So while you still would be in the application windows for this year, you would be really be behind. The same would be true for AMCAS which is open but can't be submitted yet. I'd wait a year.