TMDSAS Unique experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pinkydodo123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
TMDSAS's 3rd optional prompt"

"Briefly discuss any unique circumstances or life experiences that are relevant to your application which have not previously been presented."

I have a few topics in mind and was wondering if they are worth talking about

1. When I lived in China I literally lived in a hospital...All the medical personnels make up a community in the area. My neighbors were all doctors and nurses that live on the property of that sub-urban hospital. The hospital was basically my playground. I slept over in nurse/doc lounges, went straight there after school, even my pre-k was inside the hospital.

2. Being the only child for 13 years and receiving a lot of parental pressure and expectations (especially in the super competitive China). When we moved to the US, my mom gave birth to my little brother and it was a big transition for me because I had to be more independent since I was no longer the center of their attention. This is why I started working part time junior year of high school and really took care of my own financially manageable tasks.

Members don't see this ad.

#2 really isn't unique, so I'd say go with #1