TN flooding

Started by luplodw
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

luplodw

Mississippi c/o 2014!!
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So currently my house has 7 feet of water in it. Everything is ruined. We have no flood insurance. Has anyone else been affected by this?

Sucks....not a good thing to happen when i'm trying to study for finals 🙁
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I haven't been affected personally but I do know someone I went to high school with who lives in TN now and I've heard about how awful it is. I'm really sorry to hear about your house. 🙁 I wish I could help.
 
I'm so sorry to hear that luplodw. I haven't personally had to deal w/ it, but I know some of my classmates that are from the area have family member who were affected by the flooding. I know it's so much easier said than done, but try to be thankful for your & your family's safety & what you do have. I know it will be hard, but maybe you can try throwing yourself head first into studying for the time being to try & keep your mind off of it. And don't forget that it's ok to have "freak-out" moments... cry, panic, etc. if you need to.

And I know it's not much, but we're here for you *virtual hug*
 
Thanks so much guys!! I really appreciate the support! Now I feel guilty because my parents just bought me a house for vet school and are paying for my school....it's going to cost like $300,000 to fix the damage to my house.
 
Oh no!! I am so sorry lupoldw. I can imagine how guilty you must feel. What a crummy thing to be faced with during finals and right before moving into a new expense- or any time for that matter. 🙁

I hope that it's ok to speak for most everyone on here- your SDN friends are here if you need an ear. Hang in there.
 
Last edited:
Truly sorry! Maybe you could get an extension on finals? Have your parents look into FEMA. they helped when we were hit by 2 hurricanes in 2005 after our insurance was canceled. They are a royal pain and they take forever (13 months), but we did get enough to fix the house, and they did a refi on the mortgage at 2 something %
 
I'm so sorry to hear about that. Rhode Island had an issue last month with rains/flooding, so much so that we've got a FEMA outpost about half a mile from my house. Thankfully I didn't get any damage, but the apartment building my sister's boyfriend lives in had about 7-8 feet of water in it for around a week. Half the houses on his street have been condemned. :/ Hope all the flood clean-up goes smoothly.
 
wow I'm really sorry to hear that! 🙁 I don't have any advice because I don't know much about that sort of thing, but am very sorry you have to deal with it & hope everything turns out okay eventually.
 
Thank you so much everyone!! It will all be ok. I guess it makes it a bit easier that i'm still at school and not having to deal with it. Here's a picture someone took in my town. Thought you all may like it (or be sad about it like I was)
28395_1432482373463_1275005025_31199104_7046353_n.jpg
 
Yikes! and *hugs*. We haven't gotten any flooding in Knoxville, but a good chunk of my extended fam is in Nashville with either flooded houses or stranded in the house because there's water all around.