To All 2006 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Miss155

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi

What should I be doing at this point as the 2006 application season shortly begins again?

Members don't see this ad.

Miss155 said:
Hi

What should I be doing at this point as the 2006 application season shortly begins again?

if i were you, i'd relax a little. the 2006 application won't even be available until after spring semester. i think the earliest you can submit is the middle of june. unless you've already taken the mcat, the best thing to do is to study for that.

if you're a reapplicant, then specifically work on addressing weaknesses in your application.

if you're a first time applicant, it wouldn't hurt to start thinking about what experiences have really led you to medicine as they pertain to your personal statement.

you're still WAYYYYYY ahead of the curve, so much so that there isn't really to much you can do at this point.

good luck,
S

Members don't see this ad :)
MadameLULU said:
WoW...y'all are starting early...I didn't start writing my personal statement or getting LORs until mid August...
I guess I was a slacker...
Getting LORs in August, now there's a bad idea.

In January, just start thinking about what you'll say in your personal statement.

Get started on that personal statement! I started mine during xmas break too.....this will leave you more time to work on your application and get it in early.....

good luck :thumbup:

-tx

my school kind of makes me start on my app this early. i've already filled out a paper AMCAS, calculated my GPAs and organized all my ECs as a resume. i'm not looking forward to writing that personal statement!!! :scared:

haha we should start a 2006 mental help group! Not looking forward to that...... AMCAS. So is there a sample AMCAS around here somewhere? I look on the site, but I couldn't find anything, beside for the typical list.