You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
To all the successful pharmacists...
Started by tred1293
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Moved to "Pharmacy" for better response 

What's your definition of a "successful pharmacist"?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What's your definition of a "successful pharmacist"?
employed?
employed?
LOL so sad thats what the definition has come to these days
How did you get where you are today? Where did you go to school? How was your gpa/pcats?
passed the boards, pay my dues and haven't killed anyone yet
How did you get where you are today? Where did you go to school? How was your gpa/pcats?
Hard work and common sense; University at Buffalo; 3.6 sciences/3.4 overall prerequisites and 310 PCATs (pretty crappy, i know).
.
Last edited:
Graduated, licensed and working a hospital job I love so far!
Get here: Pursued opportunities with faculty and other pharmacists outside of the classroom and assigned rotations. I also tried to see as many pharmacy practice areas as possible throughout didactic learning and during last year clerkships. Seeing a great variety allowed me to be confident about the setting I want to practice and develop future goals.
School: My home state pharmacy school
GPA: 3.4
PCAT: No idea.
Get here: Pursued opportunities with faculty and other pharmacists outside of the classroom and assigned rotations. I also tried to see as many pharmacy practice areas as possible throughout didactic learning and during last year clerkships. Seeing a great variety allowed me to be confident about the setting I want to practice and develop future goals.
School: My home state pharmacy school
GPA: 3.4
PCAT: No idea.
being successful has nothing to do with grades. Succesful when in the professional world is how many people you touch or help, the income you bring home, and your ability to move up the ranks in your career.
being successful has nothing to do with grades. Succesful when in the professional world is how many people you touch or help, the income you bring home, and your ability to move up the ranks in your career.
I was a C student in pharmacy school. More interested in pharmaco ecomonics than disease and therapeutics. I learned a lot, i was just a horrible horrible procastrinator (sp?)
How did you get where you are today? Where did you go to school? How was your gpa/pcats?
What constitutes as a "successful" pharmacist? 😕
pharmacoecon=great /sorry for being off-topicI was a C student in pharmacy school. More interested in pharmaco ecomonics than disease and therapeutics. I learned a lot, i was just a horrible horrible procastrinator (sp?)
.
Last edited:
A pharmacist who is happy with his/her life in general. THAT simple!
That's me. I am glad to be finished with school, I really like my residency, I have a great husband and an adorable baby son and I'm excited about life. Happy! 😀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I really like that definition. At least now I know I am a very successful pharmacist.A pharmacist who is happy with his/her life in general. THAT simple!
A pharmacist who is happy with his/her life in general. THAT simple!
👍
👍passed the boards, pay my dues and haven't killed anyone yet
employed?
lmao
How did you get where you are today? Where did you go to school? How was your gpa/pcats?
- not being afraid to try all the different things that sounded even remotely interesting and a fair bit of luck
- a small school out in the Plains
- undergrad 3.92, pharmacy school 3.79 (funny how I can still remember it)
- never took PCAT
Oh, and I would define a successful pharmacist as one who
- has a job
- likes his/her job
- has a clear direction for future career (growth)
- job doesn't interfere with life
- is at peace with his/herself
That's me. I am glad to be finished with school, I really like my residency, I have a great husband and an adorable baby son and I'm excited about life. Happy! 😀
What residency are you doing, why do you like it, and what are your career plans afterwards?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 537
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 748