To all visitors

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
pathologists watch too much SouthPark

Members don't see this ad.

yaah said:
I got beat up leaving work today. Just because.

Seriously?? I thought Andy had your back?

What happened to Rex kwan do? No more flying solo! You use the buddy system.

Members don't see this ad :)
LADoc00 said:

sorry. different zip code. yaah must fend for himself for the next 2 days.

LADoc00 said:

Andy is leaving. I can't help it when I encounter roving gangs of strung out anesthesiologists. They always travel in packs with their stupid little bouffant caps and bling bling.

yaah said:
Andy is leaving. I can't help it when I encounter roving gangs of strung out anesthesiologists. They always travel in packs with their stupid little bouffant caps and bling bling.
my roommate was probably amongst them. his rex kwan do is l33t.

AndyMilonakis said:
sorry. different zip code. yaah must fend for himself for the next 2 days.

Look what happens when Andy leaves.

Thankfully we will still have Andy on SDN for our protection. :rolleyes:

beary said:
Look what happens when Andy leaves.

Thankfully we will still have Andy on SDN for our protection. :rolleyes:
Just got a call on my cell phone.

Pedro offers you his protection.

beary said:
I think I am going to be a really compassionate pathologist because I spent the day reading Dr. Seuss books to little kids.
Next you are going to be telling us you were baking a birthday cake for one of these kids.

Green%20Eggs%20and%20Ham%20Cake.jpg

What service are you on anyway??

bananaface said:
If you're male and going into pathology you can count on being single for a very long time. Like... forever.
Likewise, if you're female and going into pathology you can count on being single for a very long time. Like... forever.

Your only colour option is black. Your only hairstyle options are short cropped. Your only shoe options are wellingtons. Your only perfume is Vicks.

And every time CSI comes on you turn into a sobbing mess and curse the producers for their betrayal.

yaah said:
I thought it was those damn surgeons that were the jocks and bullies.

Leukocyte said:
I went to see my advisor this morning, and she told me that I have a very very slim chance of matching into Pathology, including the lowest ranking community programs.

Here are my stats

-USMLE 1 = 259.
-USMLE 2 = 261.
-AOA
-6 Publications in Pathology
-Presented papers at 3 ACP meetings
-Worked as a Medical Technologist before Med. School, and I have a MT(ASCP) certification
-5 LOR from respected pathologists.
-Have multiple connections in the Pathology.

I am very very worried, Please help. (If you know what I mean).

Your advisor does NOT know what he/she is talking about!!

deschutes said:
What service are you on anyway??

Peds. Apparently reading Dr. Seuss books at an elementary school is a great educational experience. Oh, and I got to go out with them to recess!

beary said:
Peds. Apparently reading Dr. Seuss books at an elementary school is a great educational experience. Oh, and I got to go out with them to recess!
Your school is weird :p

Honestly though, I would take a day of elementary school over a day of inpatient Peds.

"Sorry, I'm phoning to let you know I'm going to be late - my car stalled!"

deschutes said:
Your school is weird :p

Honestly though, I would take a day of elementary school over a day of inpatient Peds.

"Sorry, I'm phoning to let you know I'm going to be late - my car stalled!"

Yeah, it is weird.

The elementary school wasn't so bad. Though it was very boring. I guess I have a new respect for reading teachers.

I actually am looking forward to inpatient. I have been on an outpatient block and am getting very tired of clinic.

I actually got tired of clinic too. You can't really "disappear" on clinic days - kind of have to be doing something. Plus, so much of clinic day is just repeating yourself over and over. If you are the attending it's fine but as a student it loses its utility pretty quickly.