US/Canada to UK licensing

Started by danli77
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

danli77

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

Does anyone have any idea or experience in obtaining a UK license after having a US/Canadian license medical license? Specifically in anatomic/surgical/histoPathology. I’ve tried looking at GMC website but it’s super confusing if this would be a GP/registrar/consultant… and I’m wondering if any test would be required or is there some sort of reciprocity?

Cheers,

D
 
I was gonna do the FRCPath exam but COVID disrupted that plan. Let me tell you their histopathology practical is like 10x harder than ABPath and even RC. I read their pass rate is like 40-60% lol.
 
I was gonna do the FRCPath exam but COVID disrupted that plan. Let me tell you their histopathology practical is like 10x harder than ABPath and even RC. I read their pass rate is like 40-60% lol.
As it should be. Too darned many people looking at stuff they have no idea about.