To all you top-tier aspirers, help me with this "what are my chances" problem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Allie86

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So this is the deal,I'm applying to:

U of virginia
Virginia c. wealth
Harvard
yale
georgetown
george washington
Johns hopkins
U of maryland
UC-La
UC-SD
UC-SF
Stanford
Boston
Brown
Eastern Virginia med

AM I over reaching here? any comments on my list? I' d reeeeeeeeally appreciate the help! ThankS!

Members don't see this ad.

Allie86 said:
So this is the deal, I've got a 3.99 both science and overall, 34O MCAT.. small state school. ECs are pretty blagh... nothing in my actual college (oh come on you know they're boring), but clincal exerience over the summers for past 4 years, 2 summers of which I added shadowing an internist.. umm a couple summers I also added a children's camp experience.. as for research I helped out in a lab for a couple of months..

I'm applying to:

U of virginia
Virginia c. wealth
Harvard
yale
georgetown
george washington
Johns hopkins
U of maryland
UC-La
UC-SD
UC-SF
Stanford
Boston
Brown
Eastern Virginia med

AM I over reaching here? any comments on my list? I' d reeeeeeeeally appreciate the help! ThankS!

Dude. Those were my safety schools. Fortunately I got my first choice.

Allie86 said:
So this is the deal, I've got a 3.99 both science and overall, 34O MCAT.. small state school. ECs are pretty blagh... nothing in my actual college (oh come on you know they're boring), but clincal exerience over the summers for past 4 years, 2 summers of which I added shadowing an internist.. umm a couple summers I also added a children's camp experience.. as for research I helped out in a lab for a couple of months..

I'm applying to:

U of virginia
Virginia c. wealth
Harvard
yale
georgetown
george washington
Johns hopkins
U of maryland
UC-La
UC-SD
UC-SF
Stanford
Boston
Brown
Eastern Virginia med

Your list looks pretty good. I might replace a couple of the top top tier with some mid and lower tier private schools, Jefferson or Temple, etc. just because apart from your state schools you don't have many lower tier schools. So if you are interested in attending school OOS, you may want to expand your options. But if you don't mind staying in VA, then your list is pretty good.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd add more schools, who knows what will happen....

You are aware that we have a "What are my chances" thread, right? :)

:luck: to you.

With my 29R and 3.6 I am hardly a good advisor for those of you applying to Haaaarrrr-varrrrd. :)