To any Loma Linda Dental Student

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shiftypoptart

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi gunna be starting D school at loma linda this september and wanted to see if anyone can give me a short overview of the courses and books that will be needed for the semester so I can start reading them. Want to start of Dental School strong and want to be ready in whatever way I can. So if anyone has a list of the books and courses please post or send me a pm. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

My advice to you is to enjoy the time you have until dental school starts. Once it starts it's like a train going at full speed without brakes and you will have wished you spent more time relaxing (this is coming from an OCD student whose life basically doesn't exist outside the library/school/lab). Reading ahead may help you here and there but in the long run it won't really put you too much ahead of your classmates. I will even go as far as to say that the extra science classes you may have taken will help you in that you've heard the stuff before, but after about the first few weeks, everyone is pretty much on the same playing field again. Not to say that it was a waste! The thing that makes dental school hard is managing the volume of information that's coming at you. The content you have probably heard before in your life (except for maybe the dental classes, but I'm mostly referring to basic sciences).

LLU is a great place. You will enjoy it! :)

Hope that helps!