To Apply With or Without MCAT with Low GPA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NonTradKeepsTrying

Reaction score
This is my first time on here, so forgive me for my ignorance. I haven't applied to med school yet but I am hoping to apply next cycle (and anticipate probably not getting in haha). I want to make my application as good as I possibly can and I've laid out my schedule to where I can apply as early as possible, but I am wondering about submitting without my MCAT. I'm not sure how primaries and secondaries work exactly, but I do know that my GPA is hella low. I'm a nontrad going to be applying with a 3.39 (almost made it to 3.4 ugh lol) cgpa and a 3.3 sgpa. I have pretty good ECs I think with about ~4500 hours as a scribe, a few hundred other HCE, ~500 shadowing etc. etc. Not sure if this info is even useful but anyway point is I need a GREAT MCAT score so I can actually get in to one school. I have a 3.9 post bacc in all upper science so I'm doing well but I'm nervous so I'm looking to take as much time as possible to JUST do MCAT and maybe take some more Biochem since i've heard its all over the mcat. I have at least 3 1/2 months planned out for just studying, but I'm worried that won't be enough time. Worst case sceneario if I don't feel like i'm ready and need to push back my MCAT from March 24th (or somewhere around there) by a month or so, should I go ahead and apply without my MCAT and put it on later? Or is that a dumb idea given my gpa?

Members don't see this ad.