To be, or not to be... November 2005 Applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cold Front

Supreme Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are the chances of getting into the following schools with 3.45 GPA, 17's, 18's and 19's on the DAT:

UMich, Tufts, Pitts, Nova, NYU, BU, and Louisville.

I applied to AADSAS 3 weeks ago. :rolleyes:

Your responses are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Cold Front said:
No one applied in November? - I am sure someone on sdn is in the same boat as I am. :)

It depends on what part of the DAT you got those scores in. AA19 TS18 PAT17 I would say you got a decent chance but not great. You have to apply early!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Got to be real with you so here goes...

Your gpa is decent, your DAT is on the low side and you are way behind the time curve for most schools. Unless the other parts of your app are God-like, I wouldn't quit your day job just yet.

But, you never know. Good luck :)

Thanks for your responses guys.

Well, I called the schools I applied to, and they told me that their classes are not filled yet - and won't be for another 2 months. MY GPA is expected to go up to 3.55 this holidays, so I'm hoping for that to help too.

I also have over 60 shadowing hours with couple of dentists, and bunch of other volunteering work. I also did a year of medicinal-chem research.

According to AADSAS, they make applications electronically available to schools the moment the applicant submits to them online. So that was a month ago, and I know my chances are slim at this stage of the game, but my stats are within the range of all the schools I applied to, and most of them are private.

Hope to hear more opinions on my chances... :)