To call, or not to call?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bchbum0

Oh my, I'm accepted...
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I am currently on the alternate list for a couple of schools and FREAKING out cause I have not heard anything. Is it allright for me to call and ask about my place or anything?

Members don't see this ad.

if they haven't sent u anything, you should call and ask them what your status is... they'll inform you after that about when they'll start pulling and things like that.

Wait until the end of July. I'd assume that July/early August is when most schools will get a few more drops. (I dropped my 2nd school 2nd week in August of last year).

Schools will be calling in the meantime if they want you - they, too, need to fill up those valuable spots asap, so they are doing everything as quickly as possible, I'm sure.

But, again, end of July I think is reasonable to get a status update, so that you have some time before classes begin to get housing/financial aid, etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn't wait until the end of July. Many schools do pull people off of the waitlist before July. There is nothing wrong with calling. I continued to call Minnesota when I was on their waitlist. I understand your position and July is too long to wait. The worst they can tell you is wait.

I don't think there's anything wrong with calling, though there's still a good chance you'll get pulled of the waitlist in July or even August. I read somewhere that one student got pulled off the waitlist a few days before classes started but who knows if that was actually true. Students pull out at the last minute for a variety of reasons. Anyway, good luck!

Definitely call, but don't call too much. I would call about every 2 weeks. My second time calling, I got pulled off the waitlist the next day =).

Thanks alot to all of you for your replies...I called and was told I'm in the top 10%, and to just be patient. God its hard but I will try...Thanks again and congrats to all who have been accepted and good luck to all who are waiting!

I would call for sure!!

Hey guys just wondering who would be the best person to talk to when u call the schools for a status update? Is an admissions counselor the right person to be talking to?

Hey guys just wondering who would be the best person to talk to when u call the schools for a status update? Is an admissions counselor the right person to be talking to?

I just called the main number for my school then asked the receptionist for pharmacy admisions. Got me right where I needed to be...
Good Luck!

I know how you feel, I am on the waitlist for one school and keep checking my phone and email to see if they send me anything :) I called, and found out I'm at the top right now, but it is still difficult waiting so long.

Good luck, and hang in there!

Hello,
I am currently on the alternate list for a couple of schools and FREAKING out cause I have not heard anything. Is it allright for me to call and ask about my place or anything?

Here is my advice... CALL/EMAIL/SEND LETTERS/SPEAK to anyone and everyone that you can at the schools, let them KNOW that you are interested. I'd want to make sure I did everything in my power...so that even if I got rejected, i would at least know that I gave it my ALL.