Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

To call, or not to call?

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by bchbum0, Jun 19, 2008.

1. bchbum0

bchbum0 Oh my, I'm accepted...
    2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Hello,
    I am currently on the alternate list for a couple of schools and FREAKING out cause I have not heard anything. Is it allright for me to call and ask about my place or anything?

2. ndnpharmgrl

7+ Year Member

if they haven't sent u anything, you should call and ask them what your status is... they'll inform you after that about when they'll start pulling and things like that.

3. drugdoc

drugdoc Member
    7+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Wait until the end of July. I'd assume that July/early August is when most schools will get a few more drops. (I dropped my 2nd school 2nd week in August of last year).

Schools will be calling in the meantime if they want you - they, too, need to fill up those valuable spots asap, so they are doing everything as quickly as possible, I'm sure.

But, again, end of July I think is reasonable to get a status update, so that you have some time before classes begin to get housing/financial aid, etc.

4. Bowler11

5+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    I wouldn't wait until the end of July. Many schools do pull people off of the waitlist before July. There is nothing wrong with calling. I continued to call Minnesota when I was on their waitlist. I understand your position and July is too long to wait. The worst they can tell you is wait.

5. tharper14

tharper14 P1.5
    2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    I don't think there's anything wrong with calling, though there's still a good chance you'll get pulled of the waitlist in July or even August. I read somewhere that one student got pulled off the waitlist a few days before classes started but who knows if that was actually true. Students pull out at the last minute for a variety of reasons. Anyway, good luck!

6. jiiniix2

5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Definitely call, but don't call too much. I would call about every 2 weeks. My second time calling, I got pulled off the waitlist the next day =).

7. bchbum0

2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Thanks alot to all of you for your replies...I called and was told I'm in the top 10%, and to just be patient. God its hard but I will try...Thanks again and congrats to all who have been accepted and good luck to all who are waiting!

8. collegegirl247

collegegirl247 Accepted Pharmacy Student
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    I would call for sure!!

9. PharmD86

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Hey guys just wondering who would be the best person to talk to when u call the schools for a status update? Is an admissions counselor the right person to be talking to?

10. bchbum0

2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    I just called the main number for my school then asked the receptionist for pharmacy admisions. Got me right where I needed to be...
    Good Luck!

11. Psycho_Hedgehog

Psycho_Hedgehog New Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    I know how you feel, I am on the waitlist for one school and keep checking my phone and email to see if they send me anything :) I called, and found out I'm at the top right now, but it is still difficult waiting so long.

Good luck, and hang in there!

12. shehsheh

2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Here is my advice... CALL/EMAIL/SEND LETTERS/SPEAK to anyone and everyone that you can at the schools, let them KNOW that you are interested. I'd want to make sure I did everything in my power...so that even if I got rejected, i would at least know that I gave it my ALL.