Hi everyone, I am sure you all are desperately waiting to know where you have matched. To residents I bet you remember these days very well. I am an IMG with 6 months US clinical experience (clerkship), very good LOR's from US Surgeons, Step1 224 and I will take Step2 soon. I rushed S1 (1 month) and I am trying to rush step 2, so that I don't sit out a year. I have been offered a possible prelim spot in Surgery (by possible, meaning they would have to wait until I finish my step2 in April-May and be certified by early June). So my questions are: 1. If I do the prelim year will I be at a disadvantage when I apply next year for a categorical. (Is it true that you only get funding for 5 years in Surgery?) 2. Will I be doing more harm than good since I have US clinical experience, and I will possibly suffer on S2 score by rushing? 3. Is getting IN to the prelim spot the only way to get a spot into surgery? Thanks for your replies.