To fill or not to fill?

Started by ericn2k3
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ericn2k3

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, just curious of everyone opinion/rationale on these combinations. I've search and read a few thread in the MD/Pysch section, but I like to hear a pharmacist takes on this.

1. benzo + ADHD med - family MD vs Pysch MD
2. benzo + Suboxone
3. ADHD med - new therapy for > 30 y/o
 
Hi, just curious of everyone opinion/rationale on these combinations. I've search and read a few thread in the MD/Pysch section, but I like to hear a pharmacist takes on this.

1. benzo + ADHD med - family MD vs Pysch MD
2. benzo + Suboxone
3. ADHD med - new therapy for > 30 y/o

Without a lot more information, Its hard to say if they are being used appropriately or not. You have to investigate indications, who is prescribing what, responses to meds, fill histories
 
Hi, just curious of everyone opinion/rationale on these combinations. I've search and read a few thread in the MD/Pysch section, but I like to hear a pharmacist takes on this.

1. benzo + ADHD med - family MD vs Pysch MD
2. benzo + Suboxone
3. ADHD med - new therapy for > 30 y/o
These are all potentially appropriate. For example, if the benzo in scenario 2 treating a seizure disorder, it’s probably not worth messing with an established effective therapy. A lot more info is required to have any insight on these situations.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I agree with everyone else, while it's good to question these combos, they could be quite appropriate, it's impossible to know without more info.
 
I see #1 all the time and it is bs from psyches that think they can do wtf they like because why not?, #2 usually requires a prior auth from my state's medical assistance, #3 is...who cares.