To fill or not to fill?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ericn2k3

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, just curious of everyone opinion/rationale on these combinations. I've search and read a few thread in the MD/Pysch section, but I like to hear a pharmacist takes on this.

1. benzo + ADHD med - family MD vs Pysch MD
2. benzo + Suboxone
3. ADHD med - new therapy for > 30 y/o

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, just curious of everyone opinion/rationale on these combinations. I've search and read a few thread in the MD/Pysch section, but I like to hear a pharmacist takes on this.

2. benzo + Suboxone

Without a lot more information, Its hard to say if they are being used appropriately or not. You have to investigate indications, who is prescribing what, responses to meds, fill histories

Reactions: 1 user

2. benzo + Suboxone
These are all potentially appropriate. For example, if the benzo in scenario 2 treating a seizure disorder, it’s probably not worth messing with an established effective therapy. A lot more info is required to have any insight on these situations.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with everyone else, while it's good to question these combos, they could be quite appropriate, it's impossible to know without more info.

I see #1 all the time and it is bs from psyches that think they can do wtf they like because why not?, #2 usually requires a prior auth from my state's medical assistance, #3 is...who cares.