To Get in to UCLA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

thewendster

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'd really love to go to UCLA or UC Irvine.. I'm at least a year and a half away from applying, but I'm trying to guide my coursework and extracurrics for acceptance into one of those programs. I know I can start with applying early decision. Then there is the obvious: get a really high MCat score. I hope I will, but since I'm only about halfway through with my science classes, it's hard to gauge how I will score.

How do people get involved with part time research or get their name attached to a medical publication?

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated as well.
 
p.s. I anticipate a 3.6 GPA and my bachelor's is from NYU. I am also an instate CA resident.