To GlaucomaMD and anyone else who can help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

golgi

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi-

Just wondering if you can tell me who has the best glaucoma program in New York (or the East Coast in general). Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Are you referring to a glaucoma fellowship program or a residency program in general with strong glaucoma service? (not necessarily the same thing...)

Hi-

Sorry - should have been clearer on my earlier post. I mean fellowship wise.
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
I believe the NYEE program headed by Bob Ritch is pretty good - I hear they work your tail off though. Bob Ritch, I hear, has the typical New Yorker personality, so make sure you can handle that. :rolleyes: Jeff Liebmann is supposed to be pretty nice though. If you really want to stay in NY for a glaucoma fellowship, this is the one to go.

If you are more open to the "east coast," you have more options.

Wills Eye Hospital in Phily is an excellent program.
Mass Eye & Ear is also a well-respected fellowship program.

You should definitely speak with the glaucoma faculty at your program to get their opinion.

Thanks GlaucomaMD - I really appreciate your insight!

GlaucomaMD said:
I believe the NYEE program headed by Bob Ritch is pretty good - I hear they work your tail off though. Bob Ritch, I hear, has the typical New Yorker personality, so make sure you can handle that. :rolleyes: Jeff Liebmann is supposed to be pretty nice though. If you really want to stay in NY for a glaucoma fellowship, this is the one to go.

If you are more open to the "east coast," you have more options.

Wills Eye Hospital in Phily is an excellent program.
Mass Eye & Ear is also a well-respected fellowship program.

You should definitely speak with the glaucoma faculty at your program to get their opinion.
Also include Bascom Palmer to the list of outstanding glaucoma programs on the East Coast. ;)

BTW, do you know John Kitchens (retina fellow)? Say hi to John for me. :D