To Harvard Students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mawell11

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did any of you guys decide to take on a bunch of loans to go to Harvard? If so, is there anything in retrospect you regret about that decision? That you wished you had known?

I've heard all the reasons TO take out loans, but I haven't really heard anything besides lip service about the reasons NOT TO take out loans.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

If the idea of flushing 3 grand a month down the toilet for the next 10 years appeals to you, then by all means take those loans, baby! If, however, you are competitive to get into the big H then surely you can get into a comparable state school - such as UCSF - that will offer you a world of opportunities and still leave that hard earned cash in your wallet.

Is that a good enough reason? Seriously, loans are nuts. Why go that route if you can avoid it.

I just found out today that it will be cheaper for me to Harvard than UCSF, and I am a Cali resident!?!? Cool, but WTF? :confused: I thought a UC would be waay cheaper when I applied.

Members don't see this ad :)
•••quote:•••Originally posted by Jessica:
•I just found out today that it will be cheaper for me to Harvard than UCSF, and I am a Cali resident!?!? Cool, but WTF? :confused: I thought a UC would be waay cheaper when I applied.•••••That is great news, Jessica! What, if you don't mind me asking, did they offer you in terms of grants,etc?

Kurtz - they offered the unit loan (20K) and the rest in grants/scholarship.