to honor anesthesiology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

placeboy

Med Student IV
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had any input on the best order of rotations to ensure that i would 'honor' anesth. i'm taking surgery next and then have a slot open my month after, which i can fill w/ anesthesiology...should i go ahead and take it then, or does anyone think that the skills i would get in IM would further ensure an 'honor' in this course (i'm scheduled to take IM after that vacant spot, so should i wait a couple more months to take the anesth elective)? obviously i'm considering gas and i don't want to jeopardize my shot at getting a good score in this rotation. any other input on passin the gas w/ honors would be worthwhile ;)

Members don't see this ad.

placeboy said:
I was wondering if anyone had any input on the best order of rotations to ensure that i would 'honor' anesth. i'm taking surgery next and then have a slot open my month after, which i can fill w/ anesthesiology...should i go ahead and take it then, or does anyone think that the skills i would get in IM would further ensure an 'honor' in this course (i'm scheduled to take IM after that vacant spot, so should i wait a couple more months to take the anesth elective)? obviously i'm considering gas and i don't want to jeopardize my shot at getting a good score in this rotation. any other input on passin the gas w/ honors would be worthwhile ;)

Taking anesthesia after medicine might be a good idea, though, since it obviously important to have good clinical knowledge/experience in medicine. Also, you might be able to get some experience with ABG/art lines, IVs, etc., and you know people love when you offer to do their scutwork.

impetigo said:
Taking anesthesia after medicine might be a good idea, though, since it obviously important to have good clinical knowledge/experience in medicine. Also, you might be able to get some experience with ABG/art lines, IVs, etc., and you know people love when you offer to do their scutwork.

Thanks impetigo,
I'll try to fill in the slot w/ something else. I was leaning towards doing that but wasn't too sure if it was worth the wait.

ps...any calls on the tourney? i'm thinking unc over louisville (sue me for not giving illinois a chance)...