You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
To join or not to join APhA
Started by minzi
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I stopped supporting APHA when they backed George Ryan as governor of IL solely because he is a pharmacist (he just got out of federal prison.) Does anyone really care if someone has membership in APHA on their resume? (granted I used to list it on my resume when I was a member, but that was when I right out of college and naïve, I don't currently list any of my pharmacy memberships on my resume.)
No AphA membership won't impress anyone. Save your money.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I stopped supporting APHA when they backed George Ryan as governor of IL solely because he is a pharmacist (he just got out of federal prison.) Does anyone really care if someone has membership in APHA on their resume? (granted I used to list it on my resume when I was a member, but that was when I right out of college and naïve, I don't currently list any of my pharmacy memberships on my resume.)
No AphA membership won't impress anyone. Save your money.
how about networking opps ??
I was talking about getting membership by itself do not impress anyone. Read the OP question again and read my answer to him.how about networking opps ??
If you aren't going to be involved, there's no point to joining and/or putting it on your resume. I was a member of so many organizations as a student. The money I spent wasn't worth it in the end.
I don't think I will be able to get involved with any AphA events. But should I pay for that expensive dual membership anyway for the sake of my resume. Please give me an advice.
Donate that money to charity instead.
I involved lots of community services and volunteers. At the end, when I went for the job interviews, the only thing they asked was... Have you done this before? or Do you know how to do it? They never asked me how much volunteers you have done, or community services you have involved.
The question "do you know how to do it" already implies how long you have been doing it? Dude there is different way of asking you the question. Signing up for the membership and ain't doing anything won't help you to answer that question either.
Oops
Last edited:
no... in fact, I make it a point to throw out resumes of anybody who is associated with APhA on the principle that they are donating to an organization that does nothing to improve our profession, except spew the same bs each year about how we are doctors when there are other pressing issues on hand.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 3K