To Nova Students: Problems at Nova

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cambo21

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I was recently accepted to Nova and am thinking about pulling out of my remaining interviews because I really liked the school. However, I have heard a lot of things about the school having clinic problems. The reason I liked Nova so much is that they have a nice school that is clinically focused. They also have what looks to be a great AEGD program which I am also interested in. My question to Nova students is is the clinical situation really that bad, or could a very driven and proactive student, such as myself, get by with relatively few headaches? (essentially, I am fine with obstacles, but I want a strong clinical education, so I want to be sure that the problems at Nova can be cleared up by being proactive). I appreciate any input.
-Cameron

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a 3rd year at Nova. Right now the clinic is in turmoil. It's empty most days and most of my class isn't seeing many patients. Our class president has met with the faculty and administration and they've even admitted that based on our current progress, most of our class will not graduate on time. You can imagine how frustrating our class is about this, seeing as how we pay nearly 50k a year to go here.

They just switched to a new group leader system but so far it hasn't worked out so well. The group leaders act more like babysitters. When we do not have patients scheduled, we are required to go into clinic and assist our classmates. Our group leaders carry around a sign-in sheet and you are to sign your name and write down who you are assisting that day. You are not allowed to do lab work, call/schedule patients, or anything else outside of the clinic (except certain rotations).

The school has a 7 month waiting list for patients looking to join the school. Yet somehow, we don't have enough patients. It's not that we don't have enough patients to come to the school, it's that the school just doesn't want to give them out to us. It's strange because Nova has always been about the bottom line, so one would think that the more patients they get in, the more money they line their pockets with.

Additionally, one of our better clinic instructors was recently let go. The faculty and students are in an uproar over it and there is bound to be some backlash over it. It won't be pretty.

Our class has been trying very hard to get things here straightened out and some good ideas have been thrown around. I don't expect any of these problems to get straightened out by next year, but by the time you are ready for clinic, it should be better.

That being said, I would not cancel your other interviews. Hope this helps.

So is the chair issue at Nova pretty much solved? Because I am noticing now that the main complaints are with patient flow. Also, is this a problem experienced by both 3rd and 4th year students, because it seems to be all 3rd years that are having problems on SDN? It seems strange that they would have patient flow problems with a school that has a patient waiting list as well as every specialty.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a 3rd year at Nova. Right now the clinic is in turmoil. It's empty most days and most of my class isn't seeing many patients. Our class president has met with the faculty and administration and they've even admitted that based on our current progress, most of our class will not graduate on time. You can imagine how frustrating our class is about this, seeing as how we pay nearly 50k a year to go here.

They just switched to a new group leader system but so far it hasn't worked out so well. The group leaders act more like babysitters. When we do not have patients scheduled, we are required to go into clinic and assist our classmates. Our group leaders carry around a sign-in sheet and you are to sign your name and write down who you are assisting that day. You are not allowed to do lab work, call/schedule patients, or anything else outside of the clinic (except certain rotations).

The school has a 7 month waiting list for patients looking to join the school. Yet somehow, we don't have enough patients. It's not that we don't have enough patients to come to the school, it's that the school just doesn't want to give them out to us. It's strange because Nova has always been about the bottom line, so one would think that the more patients they get in, the more money they line their pockets with.

Additionally, one of our better clinic instructors was recently let go. The faculty and students are in an uproar over it and there is bound to be some backlash over it. It won't be pretty.

Our class has been trying very hard to get things here straightened out and some good ideas have been thrown around. I don't expect any of these problems to get straightened out by next year, but by the time you are ready for clinic, it should be better.

That being said, I would not cancel your other interviews. Hope this helps.

who was the professor that was let go? was it dr. zarr? i'm an 09 grad from nova and i heard he was let go.. do you know why? he was one of the better professors for sure..

omaralt - how was your experience at Nova?

who was the professor that was let go? was it dr. zarr? i'm an 09 grad from nova and i heard he was let go.. do you know why? he was one of the better professors for sure..
Hey Omar i too graduated from nova'09. If u dont remember me im the class clown/best looking dude with a hairy chest. Anyways My girlfriend told me the Dr.Zarr was let go, thats freaking nutz. Hes probably the most caring doctor in the entire school. Such a shame, hes a good man. I will always remember his charming smile and his musk. That being said, Nova better start getting its act together because ive been hearing nothing but bad things since graduating.
P.S Hope ur doing well Omar, wonder if u still hang out with Boris
-Ali

Hey Omar i too graduated from nova'09. If u dont remember me im the class clown/best looking dude with a hairy chest. Anyways My girlfriend told me the Dr.Zarr was let go, thats freaking nutz. Hes probably the most caring doctor in the entire school. Such a shame, hes a good man. I will always remember his charming smile and his musk. That being said, Nova better start getting its act together because ive been hearing nothing but bad things since graduating.
P.S Hope ur doing well Omar, wonder if u still hang out with Boris
-Ali

Hey what's up bro. Lol just spoke to Boris today actually (lol and Dennis too). We all good. You back in CA?

To the above guy; I had a great time at nova; great facilities and great location. Every school has it's problems; but nothing too bad at nova. However the clinics are completely different now so I dunno anymore

So is the chair issue at Nova pretty much solved? Because I am noticing now that the main complaints are with patient flow. Also, is this a problem experienced by both 3rd and 4th year students, because it seems to be all 3rd years that are having problems on SDN? It seems strange that they would have patient flow problems with a school that has a patient waiting list as well as every specialty.

Not sure what chair issue you're referring to. Is it about how students used to not be able to get a chair? Now it's literally the opposite. Plenty of chairs with no patients to fill them. There is a huge list of people who want to become patients, but the school does not let us have this list to book them!

I guess it mostly effects 3rd years because we're the ones in the Davie clinic full time. I believe D4's were given one day in Davie and a dedicated chair to book their own patients. I'm not exactly sure how it works for them, they just changed it this semester for them.

And yeah, it was Dr. Zarr who was let go. We've heard rumors as to why but at this point it's all just speculation.

Once again, I urge you to go to your other interviews.

Can any other current Nova students chime in?

I just payed my deposit but also got accepted to tufts and pitt. I chose Nova for its proximity to my family, but if this problem persists it is totally not worth a extra year in tuition to graduate. Need more info about this guys, will it persist? :scared:

They just switched to a new group leader system but so far it hasn't worked out so well. The group leaders act more like babysitters.

What a shame. Group leaders from 97-03, open clinic 04-10, now group leaders again? I was SGA president and re-organized the clinic for the better of the students. We spent almost 3-4 months doing so with committees, deans, directors, chairs etc and for the time I was there and a year and a half later, it went incredibly smoothly. Then one person decides to change something unilaterally just because they can, and lo-behold, it gets worse.

Dr. Jack was talking about group leaders for many many years and how great it is... also, it sounded great on paper and from their first-hand experience. Actually, I went and visited the week they were switching and it seemed to be working, shame it's not anymore. Problem is that you need really 6-10 dedicated full-time clinical instructors who are capable of all aspects of dentistry (not just one person for restorative, another for prosthetics etc). That is really really hard to find. The school has lost a lot of great faculty due to the "northern migration". They lost a great one in Dr. Jack and many other great ones went with him.

My wife and I both got a GREAT clinical education from Nova. Then again, there were only 105 in my class and 108 in her class... and I never went to N Miami, she was exempt (due to class standing). The problem with the group leader system is that even if you can find 6 super-fantastic instructors who can fill that role, it's still overwhelming for 130+ in each class (260+ for both classes) divided by 6 people = 43+ students a group leader. Just mathematically cannot happen effectively.

I have heard Oakland Park is fantastic though? The director there is one of my favorite professors from Nova and a great mentor of both dentistry and life... he is a godsend to that school. Problem is that you need like 10 of him to go around, and he is only 1 person.

The school has the right building blocks and teaches some of the best dentistry in the country, but I told them as I was leaving that too many students and too few faculty combined with too few clinical chairs = degradation. I let them know that, but alas.

Good luck all!

This is not good to hear at all..
has anyone actually spoken to faculty from nova about this issue during their interviews? do you suggest such issues should be brought up while interviewing there, or would they be offended by the fact that we are pinpointing on their problems at the school?​

Although you don't want to burn bridges, especially if its the only school you have a chance in, remember that an interview is not only for them to get to know you, but for you to get to know the school too. You are interviewing them as much as they are interviewing you. You are totally in your right to ask them questions about their clinic, and now that you know the truth, if they lie that would be a great reason not to attend upon acceptance.

Can any other current Nova students chime in?

I just payed my deposit but also got accepted to tufts and pitt. I chose Nova for its proximity to my family, but if this problem persists it is totally not worth a extra year in tuition to graduate. Need more info about this guys, will it persist? :scared:

I am a current D3 too... um chair problem depends on your group... some groups are flooded with open chairs... mine... not so much... I have patients that want to come in but its hard to fit them in all the time... . I guess I need to start booking weeks in advance.

Zarr was a great guy... and he would stand up for the students and that probably rubbed someone in the administration wrong so they found and excuse to get rid of him (just my theory)....

Clinic is a mess right now.... end of story... it might be better later... but right now its a disaster

Members don't see this ad :)
I am a current D3 too... um chair problem depends on your group... some groups are flooded with open chairs... mine... not so much... I have patients that want to come in but its hard to fit them in all the time... . I guess I need to start booking weeks in advance.

Zarr was a great guy... and he would stand up for the students and that probably rubbed someone in the administration wrong so they found and excuse to get rid of him (just my theory)....

Clinic is a mess right now.... end of story... it might be better later... but right now its a disaster

Definitely. Wish the administration would get their **** together! :cool:

any changes to Nova southeastern situation this year? And also, does the patient situation affected the ability of a dental student to graduate on time?

any changes to Nova southeastern situation this year? And also, does the patient situation affected the ability of a dental student to graduate on time?

I just graduated from Nova in May. I will type out a manifesto later, but the short answer is no and yes it can.

I just graduated from Nova in May. I will type out a manifesto later, but the short answer is no and yes it can.

wow, two years and the situation is still bad?

I remember when I interviewed back at the end of 2006 one of the students who sat down with us for lunch actually turned to us and told us we should consider other schools because of real difficulties with chairs and patients in clinic and the other student agreed. I wonder if it really has been bad all these years or if just a few students really feel that way.

wow, two years and the situation is still bad?

I remember when I interviewed back at the end of 2006 one of the students who sat down with us for lunch actually turned to us and told us we should consider other schools because of real difficulties with chairs and patients in clinic and the other student agreed. I wonder if it really has been bad all these years or if just a few students really feel that way.

I remember interviewing at Nova in 2011 and asked my interviewer if there were issues with chairs and patients (I knew about this issue prior to my visit), he knew what I was referring to and responded saying that the university was planning on setting up more rotation sites for students to free up the clinic. Really don't know how far they got to that but apparently nothing's changed (according to the new Nova grad). Glad I don't go there.

Alright, let me give you guys a little more info on my experience at Nova.

I'll start off by saying that I'm sure that dental school, no matter what school you go to, will be a very stressful time that is not very fun. However,Nova does what it can to make things as difficult as possible on it's students. I would recommend this school ONLY if you speak spanish, are from South Florida, or have applied to dental school multiple cycles and only got in to Nova. If you got accepted to Nova and have other options (including waiting a year and re-applying to your state school) I would certainly exhaust those other options.

So I guess the first thing that may be important to hear as a pre-dent considering Nova is that every class I've known of, from a couple years ahead of me, to the D2's when I graduated, had at least one, usually 2 or 3 people who were repeating a year. Of course their reasons for having to repeat vary, but I know of at least 1 that was held back due to a subjective grading of a cavity prep. The teacher didn't like him, and failed him. It's as simple as that ($50,000 in tuition and a year of lost income all because of a teacher with a grudge) I've also known of a few students who have had to repeat classes because of the teacher not liking them. These people should not have "failed", and it was completely at the discretion of ONE professor, with zero oversight and no chance for appeal. Sounds good, right?

Well, you may be saying "yeah, but people have to repeat years at every dental school, etc". True. But here is the scary part. Some of these classes (including the one mentioned above where the students had to re-take the class the next year) are taught by FOREIGN-TRAINED "DENTISTS" WITHOUT DENTAL LICENSES!! That's right, the people who are teaching you dentistry at Nova, who are grading you, and can make or break you in some classes, are NOT QUALIFIED TO PERFORM THESE PROCEDURES!!

I would estimate that about 85% of the faculty have never had dental licenses in the US. This is because, as you may know, Nova brings in about 20-25 International dentists at the end of first year. After these international dentists graduate, they either try to get in to one of Nova's post-doc programs, or teach there (Nova doesn't have to pay them much since they have zero experience in the real world, and they have to work there because they can't pass the boards).

A school that puts unlicensed, foreign-trained dentists on their faculty, and in some cases, in charge of entire semester-long classes is VERY disturbing to me and exemplifies extremely poor judgement and leadership.

Don't get me wrong, there are a handful of good, helpful faculty at Nova. The problem is, that for every one good faculty member, there are 5 terrible and/or incompetent faculty. Not to mention there is a group leader system, and if your group leader isn't one of the good faculty, you are at a HUGE disadvantage. This is because the group leader is supposed to facilitate making sure you get the procedures you need to graduate. Some take this responsibility more serious than others. I witnessed MANY of my classmates scrambling around the last semester of school (and even in "overtime" in May, a month that we were supposed to have off) to try to get requirements done. When it gets to the point that students who come to clinic everyday, work hard, and still can't get their req's done on time, that indicates a systemic problem at Nova. And they are certainly at that point.

Most of the difficulties finding procedures in my class were in removable prosth. You're probably thinking, "but this is south florida, there are plenty of old people without teeth walking around." You would be correct in that assumption. And we also heard constantly about the "6 month waiting list" to get into the school. I figured out at the very end of school that the "waiting list" is a sham. It's sole purpose of existence is to tell students and pts that there is a waiting list. For some reason, Nova can't seem to get pts needing dentures through the door. Or if they do, they send them to PG Prosth.

Which brings me to my next point. There is a reason why "getting Nova'd" is a phrase. Here's an example, but scenarios like this are ubiquitous and happen every. single. day. I had a pt that I was seeing for the 3rd apptmt to present a treatment plan. (That's right, I had already seen this pt for 7 hours, so with the 3rd apptmt we're moving to our 8-10th hour together). We were going to do a denture on the top and lower partial. The prosth faculty came over (actually the director of prosth) and told me this pt had to go to PG prosth. I begged to do the denture because I had not even done one yet and it was close to the end of 3rd year, to no avail. So I wasted 3 apptmts and 10 hours with the pt, not to mention the hours of labwork to pour and mount casts, etc. Nova has zero consideration for your time as a student which is very valuable because there are only so many hours in a day and you've got a lot of work to do. I can't stress this enough: scenarios like this are the norm more often than not.

You really spend all of 3rd year just trying to get to the point where you can do actual dentistry on your patients. And then, after all the hoops appear to have been jumped through, it's 4th year, and you only get a chair one day a week at that clinic. (Better hope those pts you spent data collecting, quad scaling, building rapport with, etc all of 3rd year can come to the Davie clinic on the day you're assigned! If not, oh well, just some more wasted time, right? You can practice drilling when you're taking boards.) The rest of your time, you get to drive to various rotations, which range from southern areas/ghettos of Miami to north of West Palm Beach (approx. 70 miles from the davie campus, in morning rush hour traffic. safe and fun!)

There is not only a problem with the faculty. The "Nova way" goes all the way to the top. In fact, I would argue that the administration is the main reason why students fall behind in req's. I know one student who met with administration (deans) voluntarily, and regularly, because they were behind on req's (and definetly not due to not being in clinic or being lazy, I saw this student at school ALL THE TIME. "getting Nova'd".)but were working desperately to graduate on time. They gave this student absolutely ZERO help. The only thing they would say is "talk to your group leader". Well, the group leader wasn't doing his job, and was part of the problem. So their advice was "keep doing what you've been doing". They were licking their chops in hopes of getting an extra summer's worth of tuition. The student busted their ass to get out of there, and against all odds, succeeded. No thanks to Nova. I'm not sure if everyone in the class was so lucky. I know that I saw several "D5's" walking around the clinic when I started my 4th year. Again, Nova trying to squeeze every last drop of $ out of their students.

I think another part of the problem is the culture of fear that pervades Nova. You are constantly reminded that attendance is mandatory. Not only do they make you scan an ID card when you walk into class, but they will also sometimes pass around attendance sign-in sheets. What is this, 3rd grade? Also they will schedule meetings or classes on a Saturday usually once a semester, and sometimes with only a couple of weeks notice (see: no consideration for student's time). Planning on going out of town that weekend? Better cancel your non-refundable airplane tickets that you bought 2 months ago....or else There is always some sort of threat that if you don't show up or don't do this or that, you'll be in trouble, have to see the academic progress committee, etc. So if you enjoy being threatened and being treated like a 3rd grader, Nova may be good for you.

So if you're in to getting your time wasted, being taught (and graded!) by unlicensed and foreign-trained "dentists", having to make ethical decisions (do I do this procedure because Nova says I need to and I may not get another chance, who cares about the pt's needs?) based on bad school policies and logistics, and overall just spending four years hating your dental school, Nova is for you!

Alright, let me give you guys a little more info on my experience at Nova.

I'll start off by saying that I'm sure that dental school, no matter what school you go to, will be a very stressful time that is not very fun. However,Nova does what it can to make things as difficult as possible on it's students. I would recommend this school ONLY if you speak spanish, are from South Florida, or have applied to dental school multiple cycles and only got in to Nova. If you got accepted to Nova and have other options (including waiting a year and re-applying to your state school) I would certainly exhaust those other options.

So I guess the first thing that may be important to hear as a pre-dent considering Nova is that every class I've known of, from a couple years ahead of me, to the D2's when I graduated, had at least one, usually 2 or 3 people who were repeating a year. Of course their reasons for having to repeat vary, but I know of at least 1 that was held back due to a subjective grading of a cavity prep. The teacher didn't like him, and failed him. It's as simple as that ($50,000 in tuition and a year of lost income all because of a teacher with a grudge) I've also known of a few students who have had to repeat classes because of the teacher not liking them. These people should not have "failed", and it was completely at the discretion of ONE professor, with zero oversight and no chance for appeal. Sounds good, right?

Well, you may be saying "yeah, but people have to repeat years at every dental school, etc". True. But here is the scary part. Some of these classes (including the one mentioned above where the students had to re-take the class the next year) are taught by FOREIGN-TRAINED "DENTISTS" WITHOUT DENTAL LICENSES!! That's right, the people who are teaching you dentistry at Nova, who are grading you, and can make or break you in some classes, are NOT QUALIFIED TO PERFORM THESE PROCEDURES!!

I would estimate that about 85% of the faculty have never had dental licenses in the US. This is because, as you may know, Nova brings in about 20-25 International dentists at the end of first year. After these international dentists graduate, they either try to get in to one of Nova's post-doc programs, or teach there (Nova doesn't have to pay them much since they have zero experience in the real world, and they have to work there because they can't pass the boards).

A school that puts unlicensed, foreign-trained dentists on their faculty, and in some cases, in charge of entire semester-long classes is VERY disturbing to me and exemplifies extremely poor judgement and leadership.

Don't get me wrong, there are a handful of good, helpful faculty at Nova. The problem is, that for every one good faculty member, there are 5 terrible and/or incompetent faculty. Not to mention there is a group leader system, and if your group leader isn't one of the good faculty, you are at a HUGE disadvantage. This is because the group leader is supposed to facilitate making sure you get the procedures you need to graduate. Some take this responsibility more serious than others. I witnessed MANY of my classmates scrambling around the last semester of school (and even in "overtime" in May, a month that we were supposed to have off) to try to get requirements done. When it gets to the point that students who come to clinic everyday, work hard, and still can't get their req's done on time, that indicates a systemic problem at Nova. And they are certainly at that point.

Most of the difficulties finding procedures in my class were in removable prosth. You're probably thinking, "but this is south florida, there are plenty of old people without teeth walking around." You would be correct in that assumption. And we also heard constantly about the "6 month waiting list" to get into the school. I figured out at the very end of school that the "waiting list" is a sham. It's sole purpose of existence is to tell students and pts that there is a waiting list. For some reason, Nova can't seem to get pts needing dentures through the door. Or if they do, they send them to PG Prosth.

Which brings me to my next point. There is a reason why "getting Nova'd" is a phrase. Here's an example, but scenarios like this are ubiquitous and happen every. single. day. I had a pt that I was seeing for the 3rd apptmt to present a treatment plan. (That's right, I had already seen this pt for 7 hours, so with the 3rd apptmt we're moving to our 8-10th hour together). We were going to do a denture on the top and lower partial. The prosth faculty came over (actually the director of prosth) and told me this pt had to go to PG prosth. I begged to do the denture because I had not even done one yet and it was close to the end of 3rd year, to no avail. So I wasted 3 apptmts and 10 hours with the pt, not to mention the hours of labwork to pour and mount casts, etc. Nova has zero consideration for your time as a student which is very valuable because there are only so many hours in a day and you've got a lot of work to do. I can't stress this enough: scenarios like this are the norm more often than not.

You really spend all of 3rd year just trying to get to the point where you can do actual dentistry on your patients. And then, after all the hoops appear to have been jumped through, it's 4th year, and you only get a chair one day a week at that clinic. (Better hope those pts you spent data collecting, quad scaling, building rapport with, etc all of 3rd year can come to the Davie clinic on the day you're assigned! If not, oh well, just some more wasted time, right? You can practice drilling when you're taking boards.) The rest of your time, you get to drive to various rotations, which range from southern areas/ghettos of Miami to north of West Palm Beach (approx. 70 miles from the davie campus, in morning rush hour traffic. safe and fun!)

There is not only a problem with the faculty. The "Nova way" goes all the way to the top. In fact, I would argue that the administration is the main reason why students fall behind in req's. I know one student who met with administration (deans) voluntarily, and regularly, because they were behind on req's (and definetly not due to not being in clinic or being lazy, I saw this student at school ALL THE TIME. "getting Nova'd".)but were working desperately to graduate on time. They gave this student absolutely ZERO help. The only thing they would say is "talk to your group leader". Well, the group leader wasn't doing his job, and was part of the problem. So their advice was "keep doing what you've been doing". They were licking their chops in hopes of getting an extra summer's worth of tuition. The student busted their ass to get out of there, and against all odds, succeeded. No thanks to Nova. I'm not sure if everyone in the class was so lucky. I know that I saw several "D5's" walking around the clinic when I started my 4th year. Again, Nova trying to squeeze every last drop of $ out of their students.

I think another part of the problem is the culture of fear that pervades Nova. You are constantly reminded that attendance is mandatory. Not only do they make you scan an ID card when you walk into class, but they will also sometimes pass around attendance sign-in sheets. What is this, 3rd grade? Also they will schedule meetings or classes on a Saturday usually once a semester, and sometimes with only a couple of weeks notice (see: no consideration for student's time). Planning on going out of town that weekend? Better cancel your non-refundable airplane tickets that you bought 2 months ago....or else There is always some sort of threat that if you don't show up or don't do this or that, you'll be in trouble, have to see the academic progress committee, etc. So if you enjoy being threatened and being treated like a 3rd grader, Nova may be good for you.

So if you're in to getting your time wasted, being taught (and graded!) by unlicensed and foreign-trained "dentists", having to make ethical decisions (do I do this procedure because Nova says I need to and I may not get another chance, who cares about the pt's needs?) based on bad school policies and logistics, and overall just spending four years hating your dental school, Nova is for you!

Well, one way to look at it, in terms of a positive spin, is that Florida is ahead of the curve as far as transforming itself into a haven of third world equality. By all quantitative and qualitative measurements, surely the rest of N. America will shortly catch 'up'. Wouldn't want Floridians to monopolize all the 'progressive good times':smuggrin::laugh:

Has anything changed since 2013? Or is the same situation still floating?

bump
are things with nova any better?

bump
are things with nova any better?
I'm currently a D1 at Nova and I can say that I have not encountered those issues. Speaking as a D1, I can say that sim lab preps and restorations are graded by four or five professors and they go with the consensus. To avoid situations like the ones mentioned above, each student gets a token number, so there is no way any of the professors can identify a specific student's work. I would say grading is pretty fair. Sometimes professors get pissed when attendance is low, and make exams a little harder, but for the most part I think it's doable if you're focused.
Also, you don't get kicked out for failing one class. You're allowed to remediate two failed classes every semester, and you would only have to repeat the year if you failed three. I've heard some remediations are tougher than others, but over all, I think Nova's a great school.
This year, the sim lab is being redone, so hopefully there won't be any issues there.
Most of the clinical faculty are either retired dentists or part-time dentists. Some were trained outside of the country, but they know what they are doing and they are most certainly qualified to instruct students in the lab. From my own experience, I can say that the doctors that instruct us in lab are very patient and teach us the skills that general dentists use every day and make sure that we know the criteria and grading procedures before practicals.
My only complaint is the somewhat inconveniently planned exam schedule, but what can you do.
All in all, I can say Nova's a great school and I feel that the instructors have taught me so much already. It's hard, but everyone gets through it. Hang in there!

Reactions: 3 users